Sequel: All Saints Day
Status: Completed

Boondock Saints

Chapter 9: Stand My Ground

Bullets flew by, the gun in my hand began to shake but my finger flexed and the gun fired. Loud gun shots echoed off for what seemed like forever. I lowered my gun and placed it back in my holster. My hands were shaking as my eyes searched through the dead bodies. Yuri wasn't there.

"Come on we gotta go!" My brother yelled as he grabbed my hand.
After that, it was a blur but I did remember taking a shower and laying down in my bed. Connor, Murphy, and Rocco stayed behind at the hotel. I had no idea why, but I was worried. So worried that I wouldn't close my eyes until I knew they were safe. Which wasn't until past 2 in the morning.

I was lying on the bed; not bothering to get underneathe the blankets when the door to my room opened. My body was shaking from the cold but all I could do was watch Connor walk in the room and take off his boots at the foot of my bed. At first he didn't think I was awake but when he turned to me he saw that I wasn't sleeping. That gut-wrenching feeling began to lighten up and fatigue slammed into me. He was safe, that was all I needed to know.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" He asked quietly.

"I couldn't sleep, not until I knew everyone was okay." I shivered and burried myself underneathe the blankets.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked as he got into bed with me.

"Yeah, just processing it all, but I know I can handle it. I just needed to make sure you guys were okay." I replied as I rolled on my stomach.

"Why do you sleep on your stomach?"

"Why do you sleep on your back?" I asked.

He just gave off a little chuckle. My heavy eyelids finally shut off reality and carried me into another flashback. Where my true nightmares came to life.

My blood dripped off my back, staining the white sheets with a dark red color. The burning sensation never failed, it just kept coming back, getting worse the more time went on by. My eyes were swollen and felt itchy but I didn't bother touching them because I knew there was blood on my hand. Silence began to fill the room. I wanted to sit up but when I tried the pain only doubled.

"Make sure her back get's taken care of, I don't want her to have a visible scar." Yuri commented as he got off my bed.

Even with my blurred vision I could see that he was glaring at me. "No more tattoos. If I find out you get another one, all of them come off."

My eyes popped open and I sat up, immediately searching the covers for blood. There was nothing, just Connor who was fast asleep in my bed. I let out a little sigh, got up, and went to the bathroom. With the end of my nightgown entwined in my fingers, I lifted it up and turned around. A very light scar shaped like a small four-leaf clover was on the left side of my ribbs.

I turned on the cold water and sank down to splash my face. A little something that would remind me that I was in reality again. That my flashback was just a dream and it was never going to happen again because I wouldn't let it. Enough was enough. That was all there was to it.

The cold water dripped off my face as I reached for a hand towel. My hands scraped into the wall, where the hand towel was earlier. I looked up then saw something in the corner of my eye. My eyes went up to the mirror to see Riley in a long black trench coat.

"Yuri is not happy, Jessica." He spoke as I turned around.

My body began to tremble and my voice died in my throat. I kicked him in the stomach and turned to run away. Fingers entwined in my hair and yanked my body back.

"Connor! Murphy! Patrick! Their-"

Riley's hand covered my mouth and he placed a gun to my head.

"I wouldn't scream if I was you." Riley whispered.

I kicked my head back, elbowed him in the stomach and swiped his gun as I turned away.

"Send a message to Yuri. Tell him I said for him to go fuck himself and if he wants me he'll need to get me himself. Not his fucking peasants." I held the gun up to Riley.

"Trust me, Jessica that is the last thing you want." Riley warned while stepping towards me.

I cocked the gun and gave him my 'exscuse me?' look. He just turned and jumped out of the bathroom window, letting in a cold breeze. With my heart still kicking in my chest, I closed the window, backed up to a wall, and slid into fetal position with the gun still in my hand. Riley was right, that message was the worst mistake of my life. What was I going to do? I had already agreed I was going to stand my ground and it was too late to give up.

"Jessie?" Patrick's voice came to my ears.

"What the hell is going on?" Connor asked.

"Lets just say a friend from Yuri's really wanted me to come with him. So much that he thought bringing a gun was necessary." I answered as I gave Patrick the gun.

"So, what happened?" Murphy asked.

"I had him send a message to Yuri, and I think it's time all of us start packing up." I answered.

My brother didn't care wheather it was past 4 in the morning or not. We all were going to sit in the kitchen, guns on the table, and have a discussion. It seemed more like a meeting to me. Connor and Murphy put their 2 cents in the conversation and when Rocco finished his staement I came to the conclusion that we weren't going anywhere. That was the opposite of what I wanted. Yuri knew we were all here. I didn't accept his deal and I knew there would be a proce to pay.

"We stay here." My brother stated.

"Have you gane mad? Next time he's going to send all of his people. A whole arm! Yuri's bloodline and workers run deep. There's only 5 of us. If we at least find a place to lay low we have the advantage of time to make up a plan." I responded.

"We can't do that without putting others in danger. We stay." Connor agreed.

"But-" I began to speak.

"But nothing Jessica. You said you were going to stand your ground and your doing a good job of it." Patrick interupted me.

"It's not me I'm worried about. It's you guys." I replied.

"It doesn't matter. Yuri needs to be killed so you won't ever become a whore and his sex slaves can be released." Murphy replied.

I let out a heavy sigh and lit up a cigarette. It wouldn't be long before Yuri came back and got me himself. He wasn't much of a patient man so right now he must be getting ready. And when he got me, I was going to be one sorry whore of his. Some life I had. Nonstop fear, shitty sleeping, everyone I knew (including the guy I was starting to like, Connor) was in danger, and I could either fight or become some exspensive whore.

Smoke filled the room from everyone smoking and it got quiet for a minute. My nerves kept my body trembling and when it turned morning I couldn't even think of eating. Not even when my brother offered me a crissant with egg, cheese, and bacon. Something bad was going to happen any minute. It wasn't me just being paranoid.
Everytime a car engine came close I was jumping with my gun in my hand. My brother was trying to get me to calm down but he didn't get that gut-wrentching feeling I was getting.

"You guys don't understand, something is going to happen any minute now."

As soon as I spoke loud gunshots went off and bullets were flying in our house. I grabbed my gun and dropped to the floor, and flipped the kitchen table for a sheild. Our windows shattered, glass went flying, and everyone came in. My eyes leveled with a shooter, I pulled the trigger, and he was down. My ears were ringing from the loud pitches of the gunshots. It was like a war had set out in my house. Bullets spiraling through the air, blood splattering everywhere, and worst of all was people were dying.

When the last body dropped it was pure silence. But silence only lasted so long before my brother made a terrifying noise. I dropped my gun and turned to see blood all over my right arm. My eyes followed the blood to my brother who was laying on the floor, coughing and gurgling on the blood in his mouth. There were holes sprayed in his chest that were letting blood leak out. I placed my hand over his chest as my breathe disappeared in my lungs.

"Patrick? Patrick, come on, you're going to be okay." I forced the words out of my mouth as I began to feel tears enter my eyes.

"We got to stop the bleeding! Murph, call an ambulance!" Connor yelled out as he got beside me.

My chest felt like there was a hole and I thought I was going to get sick. Sobs interupted my breathing as i tried to pick him up. He chocked and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. My teary eyes went wide from the surprise. He tried breathing but it only sounded like he was gasping.

"You have to keep fighting." His voice was raspy.

"I won't have to because you're going to help me. Come on, just breathe." I cried.

He shook his head, still looking right at me. "It's too late and you know it."

His grip around my shirt loosened and his chest stopped moving. I began to sob uncontrollingly as more tears came to my eyes. After that I became numb.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy please comment or message