Forbidden Love

"I will always be there for you..."

We stopped kissing and then hugged. At that moment I wished that time stood still. I wished that I was allowed to see O’Reilly; I wished that I wouldn’t have to lie to my parents about us.

For the next few weeks O’Reilly and I would meet each other on the deck where we had first met. We would meet at night and we always showed. I told my parents that I had met a new friend and everyday I would go to O’Reilly’s and he would show me some more of his paintings. He even started teaching me a little. The days I spent with him were the most wonderful day of my life. Over that time I think I had fallen in love with him.

We had been on the ship for about two months and I had never been happier. My mother had been asking me a lot of questions about the ‘friend; I had supposedly been hanging out with. One day she asked if I would ask my ‘friend’ would like to have dinner with us and she said she wouldn’t take no for an answer. I was scared out of my mind because the only friends I had on the ship were O’Reilly and Sarah.

“What am I going to do? She is planning on a dinner with a British friend,” I said to O’Reilly and Sarah. We were at O’Reilly’s place.

“How am I supposed to know,” said Sarah.

“Wait I have an idea,” announced O’Reilly. “We need to find you a friend, a good friend.” He began walking around Sarah and me, mainly eyeing Sarah though.

“Well that tells me a lot. I don’t have any good friends that are British,” I said.

“I never said that this friend of yours had to be British. You need a friend who could act the part of a British girl and go to the dinner,” replied O’Reilly as he walked behind me.

“Yeah, I agree with you O’Reilly,” I finally understood what O’Reilly was trying to tell me without actually telling me.

He sat down by me and we both looked at Sarah. “Oh no, you aren’t going to dress me up in some fancy outfit and make me act British,” Sarah said, not liking the idea at all.

“Oh yes you are,” O’Reilly and I said.

“C’mon Sarah please I really need you to do this for me. C’mon just this once, please,” I begged her as I put on my puppy dog eyes.

She looked at me not resisting my eyes, “Oh, not the eyes.” She took a deep breath. “Al...alright.”

I screamed and hugged her thankfully yelling, “Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. I will never forget this. I will repay you I promise.”

“Yeah you better,” she replied with a smile.

O’Reilly was still sitting on the floor, laughing at me. He stood up and I jumped over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek and hugged him. “O’Reilly you’re a genius.”

When I went home that night I told my mom that my “friend’ will come to a family dinner. She was so happy that she planned for it to be the following day. I didn’t know what Sarah would say about this so I decided that I would tell O’Reilly to let her know later that night.

Once it was dark and everyone was asleep I did what I usually did and went to see O’Reilly. When I left my cabin O’Reilly was already outside waiting for me, which never happens, I am always the one waiting for him.

“Hey, you’re here earlier than usual,” I teased.

“Yeah well I felt like I would try to be earlier,” he said and then kissed me on the cheek.

“I told my mother that Sarah will come to a family dinner and she said that the dinner would be tomorrow so we will need to help Sarah get ready tomorrow.”

“Ok, so is she going to wear one of your outfits?” O’Reilly asked.

“No because my mother will know it is mine. I will ask her for some money tomorrow and we’ll go buy a nice dress for her.”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” agreed O’Reilly.

“O’Reilly, thank you again for helping me out,” I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“Whatever you need I will always be there for you, no matter what,” he replied.

I smiled and looked into his eyes, I placed my hands on his cheeks and he began to stroke my hair. I continued to look at him and kissed him on the lips. He wrapped his arms around me while we kissed and we stood there for a while.

We stopped kissing and I said, “O’Reilly, will you always be there for me?”

He gave me a confused look, “Yes, of course.” He smiled.

I smiled back, “Thank you. Thank you for everything.” I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back.

“Just always know I am here, day or night.”

It was time for me to go back to my cabin so I said goodnight and gave him a goodnight hug. “So I’ll see you tomorrow?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

“Yeah,” he watched me enter my cabin, and then he left.

I closed the door behind me and went to bed.