The Spoilt Brat and the Grease Monkey

It's Just Me

Kay heard the knocking before she heard her two best friends calling her through the door. She blinked the sleep out of her eyes and rolled onto her back. Her eyes widened when she felt her back hit something.
“The fuck?” she yelped, freaking out and jumping out of bed. She checked she was fully clothed before spinning around to see who was in her bed.
“Calm down babe, it’s just me.” Sebastian said softly, rubbing his eyes and stretching.
“Shit, I forgot you slept in here.” Kay mumbled, rubbing her head. “Sorry.”
“KAY! OPEN THE DOOR!” Mel’s voice bellowed through the house. Kay stumbled through the house and finally reached the front door. She only just managed to step out of the way before Mel and Jackie ran inside.
“Oh Kay! Are you alright?” Mel squealed hugging her tightly
“What happened? How’s Mark?” Jackie asked wrapping her arms around both of them.
“I’m fine. Mark’s stable and I’m still a bit confused about what happened exactly.” Kay said quickly once her friends released her.
“Well, well, well. It seems like you’re already getting looked after.” Mel smirked, looking over her shoulder. Kay turned around and saw Sebastian walking into the lounge room. He smiled at her friends and made his way into the kitchen.
“Yeah, Mark was rather insistent about having him stay with me.” Kay mumbled, the colour rising in her cheeks.
“So you let him sleep in your bed?” Jackie questioned, raising an eyebrow.
“We were watching some movie's and just fell asleep.” Kay said honestly. They really only been talking and then had fallen asleep.
“Sure you were.” Mel said winking at the blushing mechanic.

They had breakfast and Kay told Mel and Jackie that Mark had been mugged. Mel didn’t know that the family business involved illegal car parts and she certainly wasn’t about to tell her. Mel was a one of her best friends but she had difficulty keeping certain things secret and this was definitely something that had to be kept secret. She’d been avoiding Sebastian like he had the plague. Every attempt he made to come in contact with her she moved in the opposite direction.
“Kay come help me get some stuff out of my car.” Jackie said eyeing her best friend suspiciously. The four of them were sitting in the lounge room watching The Italian Job; Jackie and Mel on the two seater lounge and Sebastian sitting in an armchair opposite her beanbag. Huffing Kay clambered out of her beanbag and followed the little redhead out the front door. Once she was sure the wooden front door was closed Jackie rounded on her.
“What the shit is going on between you and Sebastian?” she asked firmly.
“He’s just staying with me until Mark gets home.” Kay said with a shrug. “Mark still has hope that we’ll get together.”
“Well it looks like his prayers have been answered.” Jackie said with a smirk.
“Dunno what you’re talking about.” Kay mumbled, knowing in a couple of minutes she’d be confessing. She couldn’t keep anything from Jackie and it worked in reverse. She was the first person Jackie told when she was getting stalked and Jackie was the only one who knew about the illegal parts.
“Bull, you’ve been avoiding him all day and he’s been watching you longingly the whole time.” Jackie said, pulling her “bitch you better tell me before I find out some other way” pose.
“I have not been!” Kay said defensively.
“Come on, who am I going to tell? Mel? She’ll find out eventually anyway. You guys are so obvious.” Jackie laughed.
“Fine.” Kay sighed.
“So what happened?” Jackie asked sitting on the bonnet of Kay’s car and patting a spot next to her.
“Well we came close to kissing at your gig but then the whole thing with Mark happened and he took me to the hospital.” Kay said sitting down next to her. “I guess it was around that time that I realised he doesn’t just want me for sex. He actually likes me for some unknown reason. So we came back here and he kissed me and then asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes and then we literally just watched some movies and fell asleep. And now...”
“And now you’re avoiding him like he’s contagious.” Jackie finished for her sympathetically.
“Yeah.” Kay sighed.
“Look hun, he does like you, that much is obvious and I think you kind of have a bit of a soft spot for him too. Don’t punish him when he hasn’t done anything wrong.” Jackie said putting her arm around Kay’s shoulder.
“I’m not doing it intentionally.” Kay said.
“I know you’re not but I think the only reason you’re not telling anyone about it at the moment is because once you do there are questions. But whatever you do in life has questions.” Jackie said. “Just give this one a proper shot, no hiding, no avoiding, just try it properly and it might work out.”
“As long as it doesn’t end the same way it did with Jeremy.” Kay mumbled.
“It won’t.” Jackie assured her. “Come get this stuff or they’ll think we’ve ran away to get married.”
“We could?” Kay suggested winking at her best friend.
“That didn’t work out so well last time.” Jackie said smiling a smile that didn’t reach her eyes. Kay sighed, she missed those days sometimes. She pulled Jackie into a hug and held her tightly.
“Thank-you Jack.” She whispered.
“You looked like you needed me.” Jackie smiled rubbing her back soothingly.
“You have no idea.” Kay chuckled as they parted and went to get the stuff from Jackie’s car before the other two sent out a search party.