The Spoilt Brat and the Grease Monkey

Be Thankful She Didn't Order A Background Check

BoJay’s was fairly packed for a Friday night mind you that wasn’t very surprising; Late Night Messenger was one of the most popular unsigned bands down their way. Kay dragged Sebastian through the mass of bodies to the backstage door only to be greeted by the overly buff security guy.
“ID?” he asked.
“Nick, when have you ever known me to bring my ID.” Kay sighed. They had this conversation every single time she came to BoJays.
“One day there’ll be some new guy and he won’t let you in.” Nick laughed. “You know I can’t let him in right?” Kay had forgotten she was holding on to Sebastian’s wrist for a second.
“Please Nick! I won’t let him out of my sight.” Kay begged. Nick looked Sebastian up and down with a look of distrust.
“I dunno Kay, he looks shifty.” Nick said raising an eyebrow at him. Kay looked at the guy standing beside her and nodded in agreement.
“Yeah he looks pretty shifty but I promise he won’t be leaving my side.” Kay promised.
“Fine, but only ‘cause it’s you.” Nick said stepping aside and letting them through to the backstage corridor. Kay gave Nick a hug before continuing through to the corridor pulling Sebastian with her. Once the door was closed behind them she slowed down to a leisurely stroll.

“Oie! About time you got here!” Mel said sticking her head out from a door just in front of them. Her eyes went from Sebastian to their hands to Kay. Kay had completely forgotten they were holding hands and quickly let go of his.
“I hope I wasn’t interrupting something.” Mel grinned.
“Screw you.” Kay said pushing past her into the change room.
“Looks like you’ve already got someone to do that for you, don’t need me anymore.” The pink haired girl smirked winking at Sebastian. “Anyway Kayleigh, wanna introduce me to your handsome young male companion here?”
“Not really but I’ll be nice.” Kay said pointing at Mel. “Sebastian Obray meet Melanie Ayers, one of my best friends. Mel, this is Sebastian Obray.” Mel’s grin increased in size until it was nearly covering her whole face.
“So you’re the Sebastian we’re heard so much about?” she asked.
“I’m guessing so from the way Kay is glaring at you.” Sebastian said awkwardly.
“Oh you get used to that. We’ve heard you’ve got quite an interest in our little Kayleigh.” Mel said, looking him up and down, making mental notes as to whether or not he would get her tick of approval.
“Yeah, I’m interested in her, not that she’ll give me a chance.” Sebastian said putting on his best puppy dog eyes for Mel. Kay’s jaw dropped, he was actually going to try and get to her through her friends, sneaky bastard!
“Don’t worry you’ve got Marks tick of approval, that’s something in your favour, and if you get mine then you only need to get two more and you’re in.” Mel said comfortingly.
“Excuse me!” Kay snapped. “I am in the room you know.” This was why she never introduced new people to Mel and Jackie.
“Just telling it like it is.” Mel shrugged.
“Where’s Jackrabbit?” Kay sighed, massaging her temples.
“Just getting changed, she should be back any min-”
“About time you got here!” Jackie’s voice rang throughout the room.
“Oh no, wait she’s here.” Mel said. They turned around to see Jackie walking through the door wearing her fluro yellow converse, black skinny jeans, bright blue v-neck t-shirt and vest.
“You took your time, we’re about to go on.” Jackie said heading over to the mirror to do her make-up.
“Yeah sorry, had to work back at the garage.” Kay said apologetically.
“Hey Jack, Kay brought a friend.” Mel all but squealed with excitement.
“Oh really?” Jackie asked her eyes landing on Sebastian and her face lighting up with glee.
“So you’re Sebastian Obray?” she asked walking up to him with her hand extended.
“Sure am.” Sebastian said, shaking her hand.
“I’m Jackie, the other best friend.” Jackie said, making no attempt to hide the fact that she was looking him up and down.
“Let me guess, you’ve heard all about me too?” Sebastian chuckled.
“Oh yes, and I stalked you on Facebook and googled your family.” Jackie said matter of factly.
“Well that’s not intimidating at all.” Sebastian mumbled.
“Be thankful she didn’t order a background check on you.” Kay said seriously.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, sorry it's taken so long guys, been a bit busy lately. Enjoy :)