Light Eyes; DarK Eyes

Chapter 18

Aurora had managed to get lost in the giant castle, coming back from dinner. She had looked away from their guide for one minute. One minute. When she turned back around, there was nobody around. She wandered for almost fifteen minutes before anyone saw her. It was one of the huge men that often stood behind the king, his bodyguards, or something.
“Snooping, were you?” the gigantic man, grabbing her arm.
“No! I got lost.” She protested, trying to take her arm back. He smirked.
“Of course. Come with me, girl.” He said, dragging her behind him.
Five minutes later, she was in front of the king of Darria again, in a chilly room without windows. He smiled when he saw her, not pleasantly in the least.
“Ah, Princess Aurora…we meet again. My friend here tells me that he found you poking around my home…we can’t have that, can we? Shall we take a walk?” His tone of voice brooked no disobeying. She stiffly walked next to him, protocol demanding that her arm rest on his. It might just have been her, but the surroundings were not particularly cheerful or welcoming. She didn’t think it was just her. They came to a door, which Ohrir opened, and motioned her into.
It took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the dark, but the king appeared with a lamp. The door shut behind him with a very definite thud, a lock clicking into place. A jingle attracted her attention. Chains. She barely remembered to hold her bluff, and not run over to Aiden. It was hard, considering how much time he must have spent in chains in the last few months.
“Princess, you may have met this gentleman,” he gestured to Aiden with a sweep of his hand. “I believe he used to be a guest in your home?” It took all the self control she possessed to keep a straight face.
“I’ve never seen him before in my life, Your Highness.” The King smiled, unfriendly.
“I see…because if you were lying…” he swiftly circled around her, making her trip backwards over her skirts to keep some distance between them, into a convenient chair. She tried to get up, but ropes of magic twisted themselves around her. She struggled, which made them tighter. Aiden hadn’t exaggerated the king’s power.
“Relax, princess. I just need to ask you a few questions, without you being able to …slip away.” He said, the unpleasant smile still playing across his face. Aurora suddenly remembered Aiden’s description of his father. ‘He enjoys causing pain, and fear is just as good.’ He picked up a long, thin dagger off of a nearby table and started playing with it. Two pairs of eyes watched the flashing blade, both worried about the same thing. He leaned close to Aurora’s face, his hot breath stinking horrendously.
“If you don’t know him, then…” he backed off, before seizing Aiden’s hair, forcing his head back. Aiden struggled, until the keen blade nicked his throat, drawing a tiny amount of blood. “…I suppose I have no further use for him.” He jerked the blade through the air.
“No!” Aurora jerked forward. The king looked surprised, and lowered his hand, revealing Aiden’s uncut throat.
“So, you were lying to me…” He smiled calmly. He put the dagger down and strode forward. He backhanded her across the face, hitting her so hard that her lip bled. The jingle of chains told them that Aiden had lunged forward, straining against them. Still unconcerned, he turned back to Aiden.
“Since this lovely little lady has completely blown your cover, why don’t you save both of you some pain and tell me what I want to know.”
“Over my dead body.” Aiden spat venomously.
“That can be arranged,” He informed him coolly. The king looked back at Aurora. “Well now, I hope your lover here likes pain as much as you do, boy.” He slapped her again, slamming her against the chair, making it almost tip over. She winced, and Aiden’s teeth ground together audibly, from the contract that still bound him, and from pure, unadulterated hatred.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one's rated NC-17 for rape. Just guess who's repsonsible. I WILL HIGHLIGHT THE NC-17 SCENES! If you do not want to read them, you do not have to--obviously. They are small, and important pretty much only in concept. If you are particularly bloody-minded, and like gory details, be my guest. NOTE: DO NOT draw examples from the next chapter. Rape is wrong.