Light Eyes; DarK Eyes

Chapter 19

An hour of this produced the same results. Ohrir switched tactics, hurting Aiden instead, trying to get Aurora to break down. That didn’t work any better, Aurora being made of sterner stuff than the king had expected. He stopped for a moment, seemingly in thought.
“Ha. I should have thought of this earlier.” He said, chuckling. He went over to Aiden, smiling almost gleefully. He forced the younger man’s head up, forcing him to look into his eyes. Immediately, Aiden’s widened in horror. He squirmed, trying to break the hypnotic gaze of his father. Finally his face was released.
“You wouldn’t!” Aiden exclaimed once he was free from the king’s grasp. The king punched him twice, first in the face, and then in the diaphragm, making him double over, gasping for breath. Pulling out a key quickly, he unlocked the winded man, and shoved him into a small cell in the corner that had escaped Aurora’s earlier notice. Then Ohrir grabbed her, pinning her to the table in front of her. He enjoyed listening to his son; the horror that filled the shouts, while mockingly ignoring the pleas themselves.
She struggled madly, trying to escape the mad King’s grasp. It was to no avail, he was too strong. He held her hands over her head with one hand, while the other traveled down her body, ripping her simple dress easily. He pinned her legs with his own, pressing himself close enough to prove his arousal.
Aurora’s eyes widened and her struggles increased threefold. He smiled coldly at the fear he saw in her eyes, and thrust forward, bringing the first of many screams from her. It felt like her body was shattering as King Ohrir ripped himself out of her and shoved back in repeatedly.
Aiden watched in mute horror as his father raped Aurora. He hadn’t noticed he was shaking, but he was. Her cries ripped into him; filling his mind until there seemed like nothing but screams; echoing repeatedly. It came almost as a shock when she finally passed out, and fell silent. Ohrir snorted at the look on his face.
“Don’t worry, you didn’t miss anything. Your little whore here was actually a virgin.” He opened the cell door, and tossed her in, at Aiden. He caught her, hatred flaring up again for the man in front of him, who just laughed again.
“Your turn for some fun, boy. Careful you don’t break her, now.” He warned jauntily, walking out the door, locking it again. Aiden blanched at the thought. He held her close, stroking her hair, praying to all of the gods that might be listening that she’d be alright.
‘Please—I don’t care if she hates me for the rest of her life—please let her be alright.’ He thought, close to panic, sliding his dilapidated shirt over her, to cover her where the ripped dress was incapable of doing so. Tears were threatening to rise to his eyes, he shoved them away. A small moan reached his ears, and he stared at her face, willing her to open her eyes.
She did, meeting his own. With a shock, she jumped away from him; her hand striking his face with all the strength she could muster, knocking him away; momentarily mistaking him for his father. He stayed stock still where he landed, eyes showing the pain and fear he felt, even in the dim light. She recognized him immediately now, and tried to move back toward him. He backed up this time, his head shaking, until his back hit a wall. Aurora continued to move forward, slowly. He looked afraid; like he was terrified she would jump away from him like that again. She could feel him shaking, he was so miserable. But then, she was shaking as well. Her hand touched his cheek, despite his flinch away; holding his eyes with her own, surprisingly steady gaze.
“Aiden—”
“I—I—” he couldn’t get it out. It hurt to see him like this, so guilt-ridden. “He—took my fears—” He tried to explain. Aurora hugged him close, sitting in his lap. He held her in return, wanting so badly to assure himself that she wouldn’t hate him for it. He couldn’t, knowing that his father had used her to try to get to him, to break down his already weakened defenses.
“I know. Aiden, don’t blame yourself. You couldn’t stop him.” She pulled back to look at him again. She felt disgustingly sullied, and sore; yes, but it would pass. As long as Aiden was there, she could handle it. She took some comfort in the fact that Aiden had told his father nothing about her people.
“But—” He started, knowing that there was no excuse for not stopping Ohrir. She cut him off, silencing him with her lips. He was beyond surprised, and it was a few seconds before he kissed back. The kiss was hesitant on both sides, and was followed by a quick succession of more and more passionate kisses. They stopped quickly, though, too sore and cut up to continue any further. Aurora drifted to sleep, still holding him close.
The door creaked open not long after, revealing Mathias. He didn’t see Aurora right away, until she moved, shifting on top of Aiden’s battered body, making Aiden groan with the pain, even as he accepted it as penance more than due.
“What the—?” Mathias asked, in shock.
“He—took her.” Aiden said, pain still fresh in his voice. “Mathias, you have to get her out of here. He’ll kill her.” Mathias nodded, understanding what he was being asked. He bent, to pick up Aurora. Aiden removed himself from her embrace, an act which made his heart ache in his chest, and gave her to Mathias. Mathias stood, bearing his precious burden, and left again.
“Thank you,” he heard Aiden call softly, in a heartbreaking tone of voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I haven't read this in a while--its not as bad as I had thought--Still not a pleasent chapter, but...
Incidentally, she doesn't get pregnant with his father's child. Just thought i should relieve your minds about that.