Light Eyes; DarK Eyes

Chapter 6

It wasn’t until someone threw a tomato at him that he didn’t move. It hit squarely in the back.
“What’s wrong?” Aurora inquired. She was standing in front of him and saw the mild look of disgust that crossed his face when the fruit hit him.
“Nothing.” Aiden replied. She raised an eyebrow.
“I don’t believe you.” She told him. He shrugged.
“Likely. Don’t worry about it.” He told her. The man who owned a cart nearby saw it all. He went to bed very confused that night, wondering why the Darric hadn’t moved. If it had been a Celestine man, he wouldn’t have moved either, but that would be out of respect to the Princess. No Darric would intentionally take a hit for the Celestine princess…would they? He left it, deciding that Darrics were just too foreign for understanding.
Meanwhile, Aiden didn’t let Aurora see the back of him until they were off the streets. She had a good idea as to why.
“Aiden, you have tomato on your back.” She said patiently, when they got back to the rooms, rather like a mother would tell her child that he was muddy.
“Do I now,” he responded without surprise. “I hadn’t noticed.” He said it without rancor, having accepted this as what was going to happen.
“You’re very strong…being in a completely new country where your people are hated.” She told him, rather saddened that it had to be like this. He shrugged.
“I just didn’t stand out as much there. They didn’t like me any better…less, probably.” He told her, offhandedly. A pause stretched between them. “The last few kings have not been good people…or politicians, either. None of the royal family is particularly well-liked.” He turned, stripping the soiled tunic off carefully. Aurora barely heard the end of the sentence, the real reason he had turned away.
“Even so, they’re supposed to be pure.” The tunic came sliding off, revealing his longish hair and red eyes. She pretended not to have heard. She tossed him another tunic, careful to aim away from the hand holding the dirty one.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAHA! Two in five minutes! ENJOY, my friends!