Thinking Of You

Still In Love

She was nervous. They had decided to get something to eat and then meet everyone at the bar. Kevin had already called ahead and reserved the VIP booth. When they arrived she was greeted by Mike who had already started drinking.
“Faith! How goes life? You have been amazing in that ring!” He exclaimed he wrapped her in a huge hug with which she needed to wriggle free from.
“I’m fine Mike it’s good to see you again.” Kevin and Mike proceeded to do the man hug which Faith had always found ridiculous. As she walked to the bar with Kevin she heard Mike greet more Superstars. She ordered an orange juice and Kevin a beer and waited while Kevin paid.
“Faith huh? That’s a silly name.” Her blood ran cold and she grabbed for Kevin’s hand. She didn’t want to do this, not now not ever. She was highly regretting becoming a wrestler now. But he didn’t sound angry with her and she was reminded of the first day they met when she moved in next door to him. Kevin rubbed her hand with his thumb. She briefly glanced at him and he smiled encouragingly. They both knew she had to get through this. But she couldn’t help what came out of her mouth. She sounded just like she did the day she met him.
“No it’s not my mom said if they had a little faith then her and dad would have a little girl. They did and called me Faith.” She smiled sheepishly as she turned to face him.
_______________________________________
Phil walked into the VIP room with Kofi and shook hands with Mizanin. He saw the new girl at the bar with Kiley and made a beeline for them while Kofi chatted to Mizanin. He regretted what he said almost instantly thinking what if it wasn’t his Faith?
“Faith huh? That’s a silly name.” He saw her tense at the sound of his voice and she slowly turned to face him as she replied.
“No it’s not my mom said if they had a little faith then her and dad would have a little girl. They did and called me Faith.” She smiled unsure of his reaction. He crumpled inside. It was his Faith. That beautiful girl he had left to die. Yet here she was in front of him. He smiled happily at her after all the thoughts and dreams he had of her, here she was in the flesh…alive. His mood changed. She was alive and well. Why had she never called him? Never wrote to him? He spent years trying to get over her the dead girl he loved and here she was alive.
“Hey so you two know each other?” Mike asked oblivious to the tension that surrounded his friends.
“Yeah you could say that, I knew Faith way back when we were kids.” He never took his eyes from Faith. He was angry, but it was her it really was and he realised he still loved her as much as he did back then.
“Hey that’s cool, well while you two get reacquainted I’m gonna steal Kev here. We need to play some pool.” AS he grabbed Kevin so too did Faith. Kevin leaned down to her.
“It’s ok babe, just make small talk and if it gets awkward or he starts just pretend I waved you over. You’re going to have to do this. Love you.” He whispered and kissed her cheek before allowing Mike to drag him to the pool table. They stood looking at each other. Phil torn between being angry at her and wanting to kiss her. While Faith wanted to apologise, explain everything, but also just wanted to hide away in a corner.
“So, you beat it then?” He asked finally tearing his gaze from her.
“Yeah I was cleared three years after…” She trailed off. Phil knew she was going to say after she made him leave. And it made him angry.
“You know you could have called… I thought you were dead.” He snapped and regretted it seeing the look on her face.
“I know, but…I couldn’t. I thought about how you would have moved on. And I just couldn’t. The things I said…”He still knew her enough to know this had eaten away at her since the day he left. “I, um Kevin wants me.” She blurted out and scurried towards him. He watched her wrap her arms around his waist and him place his arm around her shoulders before kissing her head. This was a bad idea, he never should have come. But looking at them he knew it should be him in Kevin’s place. If he had stayed he would still be with her. Nothing would have made them split up. But he had left and now he would have to watch her every day for as long as he or she was in the WWE. Phil sat in a corner watching as all the other guys turned up and a few Divas. When Barbie showed up she made a beeline for him only to be stopped short when Beth walked in front of her and sat down with Phil.
“What’s your problem Brooks? And don’t say nothing. We’ve been friends long enough not to mention dated, so I know when something is on your mind.” He looked at Beth, she was a good woman. And a great friend and maybe she needed to know.
“It’s the new girl.” He sighed rubbing his face.
“What about her? You got the hots for her or something?” She laughed and nudged his shoulder.
“Beth she’s Faith.” She didn’t get it at first. “My Faith.” She wanted to smack herself in the face. Phil had told her about Faith. The girl he never got over that had died of cancer.
“What?! She’s dead you said so yourself!” The look on Phil’s face was enough to know that it really was her. “Well why did she never tell you? She couldn’t have loved you that much if…” He silenced her with a look. She wasn’t there and he understood perfectly what had happened, it just didn’t mean he had to be happy about it.
“She was dying Beth. She told me to leave because she didn’t want me to have to watch her die. But when she recovered…She had told me to move on. Her dying wish, if you would. And as far as she knew I had. I never asked about her funeral. I never even called.” He glanced towards Faith again to see her looking at him over Sarona’s shoulder.
“Damn Phil. What are you going to do? Kevin’s clearly in love with her. And unless she feels the same about you…” Phil’s eyes lit up. What if she still loved him too? But how could he find out? She’d never tell him. She was too kind to break Kevin’s heart if she did.
______________________________________
Phil had caught her looking at him. Damn it. She should never have carried on in this career. This was just going to be hard for both of them. But she loved Kevin, yet she felt it wasn’t enough. She was currently stood with Sarona. She was getting on greatly with the second generation wrestler and daughter of Jimmy ‘Superfly’ Snuka.
“So you knew Punk?” She smiled and looked over at him and caught him glancing at Faith.
“Yeah a long time ago…” She was thinking of a way to avoid this conversation.
“Well it looks like he’s still in to you. Does Kevin know?” Faith nodded her head, Kevin knew everything, he was her boyfriend, her rock and her best friend. But seeing Phil in person brought back all her old feelings. And the first words he said it was like he was trying to start over. Suffice to say Faith was struggling with her feelings as she looked over at Kevin. He was laughing and joking with his friends slowly become more intoxicated. Then she looked at Phil her child hood sweet heart, the man she pushed away, that she had loved and watched as he sipped his Pepsi. He always did love Pepsi and he had decided long before he was legal to drink that he would be straight edge. She too made the same promise and to this day she had stuck to it. More out of the fact of having beaten cancer she wanted to live a full and clean life for as long as she could. Two arms wrapped around her waist and for a second she thought it was Phil. Only for the unmistakable scent of Kevin’s cologne to waft over her. He held her tightly and rested his head next to hers. She knew this was when he would start to get all mushy. She didn’t mind when they were at home or in a hotel room, but they were in a room full of his friends and their colleagues not to mention Phil was sat in the corner she thought.
“You know how much I love you?!” He exclaimed before nuzzling her neck.
“I do and I love you just as much.” She whispered and closed her eyes. If she couldn’t see anyone then no one could see her. Yeah right.
“I love you this much.” He shouted spinning her around and kissing her passionately. She felt her cheeks heat up like a volcano. This was definitely Mike’s fault he always drank too much around him. He stopped as abruptly as he started leaving her breathless. “I won’t let him steal you from me.” He whispered before crushing her to him. Her first thought was where did that come from? And that she wouldn’t leave him ever for Phil. It didn’t matter how she felt about Phil all she needed to know was she was in love with Kevin. He leaned down while still holding her tightly to kiss her again. She was highly embarrassed and tried to pull away only to have him squeeze her tighter forcing a whimper of pain from her lips. Before she knew what was happening she was pulled forcefully from him. Phil was stood toe to toe with Kevin and Kevin had a slight height advantage. Faith panicked as Phil was being overprotective and in the current situation he had no right to. While Kevin just looked angry. She quickly forced her way between the two facing Kevin. She ran her hands along his chest before placing a hand on his cheek. He looked down at her then back at Phil.
“Kevin I think we should go.” He nodded his head and with that they left. Faith said her goodbyes to those nearby then ushered a drunken Kevin out into the cold night air.
________________________________________
To say Phil wasn’t happy would be the understatement of the year. He couldn’t think of a way to get her back. He knew the second Beth said it or rather unwittingly suggested it that he would have to get her back and prove that she still loved him. But what annoyed him more was Kiley latching on to her and making a fool out of himself and embarrassing her at the same time. He didn’t like the way he was holding her and not thinking straight he stood up to tell him as much only to hear her whimper in pain. He wouldn’t stand here and put up with that. He grabbed her from him and got in his face. But before he could so much as say boo, Faith had squeezed in between them and was calming Kevin down and telling him they should leave.
As Phil got back to his hotel room all he could think about was Kiley’s hands on Faith, his Faith. What if it was a regular thing? What if he beat her? He knew he couldn’t live with himself if that happened. He took a deep breath he was over complicating things. He had only just confirmed it was her and here he was trying to care for her. He hadn’t a leg to stand on. He had probably only just made things worse she wouldn’t like him interfering. But he couldn’t help himself, he already hated himself for never going back to at least see her grave when he thought she was dead, but knowing she was alive now he couldn’t stop thinking about her. She may not want him near her, but he would however make sure Kiley wasn’t beating her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think?
What will Phil do?
Does Kevin beat Faith?
Find out in the next chapter!
SEG