Status: completed

The Princess and the Outcast

Jade

She wasn't exactly a princess but everyone thought she was. Jade lived with her parents in a huge mansion. Her family was extremely rich and the stuck up, snobby types but she didn't let the money go to her head. She was actually a very down-to-earth girl. It was Saturday night and Jade knew what that meant. Another party. Her parents dragged her along to their galas with them. She hated going to these parties. No cute guys, no other kids there her age, just really little kids and a bunch of old people. The only thing Jade liked about the parties was getting to dress up and watching the adults ballroom dance. She always fantasized about the day that a boy would come up to her and ask her to dance. "Yeah, like that would ever happen." she thought to herself. She followed her parents through the large, Victorian style double doors into a huge room. The room looked as if it was made entirely of gold. She looked up to see a giant glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling. She thought the entire room was breath taking, but then she saw him. There was a boy, around her age, standing on the opposite side of the room. His every feature was picture perfect. He was too handsome for words. "He'll never go for me though..." she thought. "Why would he? I'm hideous." She wasn't. She was a beautiful girl with big blue eyes and strikingly blonde hair. Jade had always been insecure about her looks. She heard music start to play and one by one, couples made their way to the dance floor. She looked over to the place the boy had been standing but he was gone. "I knew it was too good to be true..." Jade thought.
"Um, excuse me?" she heard a boy's voice say. She turned around to see that the boy she had been staring at on the opposite side of the room was now standing in front of her.
"May I have this dance?" he asked, holding out his hand for her to take.
"Of course you may." she said smiling and taking the boy's hand. He escorted her to the middle of the dance floor and took her waist and they began to dance.
"I saw you from across the room and just thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." he said. She began to turn a deep red.
"Really?! I mean... Thank you! You're not bad yourself."
"Thanks. So, what's your name?"
"Jade."
"Wow, everything about you is just so beautiful."
Jade giggled. "Well, thanks. You're quite the charmer, aren't you?"
"Why, yes I am. I'm Eric by the way."
His name was perfect too! Jade just couldn't believe this was happening.
"Eric!" they heard someone calling his name. He turned to see his father waving him over.
"I'm sorry, I have to go. Will you be here next Saturday?"
"Yes, I will. And every Saturday after that." she smiled.
"Perfect."
He kissed her hand and then half-walked, half-jogged over to his parents. An hour went by before Jade decided she was too bored to even stay awake. She slipped out the back door and into the cool night air. She slid off her heels and walked along the cobble stone path. She reached the small cafe behind the large ballroom building. She opened the door and the small bell at the top of the door jingled. She sat down at a table, sighing in relief. She knew the owner was in the back but she didn't realize that she wasn't alone in the front.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's my third story on here. It's not fan fic like Ive been doing but instead its original fiction. its actually based on a dream i had once, so hope you like it! (: I'll go back to doing fan fic soon if you've read it before and liked it