Status: completed

The Princess and the Outcast

Saturday

It was finally Saturday and Jade couldn't wait to see Oliver. She had told Eric that she was going to her bachelorette party but really she was on her way to the concert. She pulled into the venue and wandered into the large crowd of sixteen and seventeen year olds. Seeing them all made her think about when she was seventeen and had fallen in love with Oliver. She got closer and closer to the table where Oliver and his band were. She stepped up to the table and slid a piece of paper over to Oliver who, at the moment, wasn't looking up. He grabbed a pen and looked up as he said "Who should I make this out t-... Jade?"
"It's me. Miss me lover boy?" she giggled. Oliver was speechless. "What are you doing here? I thought I would never see you again!"
"I saw you and your band on TV and I knew I had to come and see you one last time."
"One last time? What do you mean?"
Jade held up her hand to reveal the diamond ring on her finger. "I'm... engaged."
"Oh...To who?"
"Eric Langdon."
Oliver just couldn't believe this was happening. He thought Jade had come back for him. Eric was one of the rich kids at school that used to bully Oliver in high school.
"Um, well congratulations. When's the wedding?"
"Tomorrow..."
"Great. Even better." Oliver thought to himself.
"Do you... Do you want to come?" Jade asked.
"Oh, I don't know... I have another show tomorrow."
"Oh... Ok... Well if you want to come, here's the address." She wrote the address on a piece of paper and gave it to him.
"Thanks..." he said. "I have to go backstage now and get ready. Are you staying for the concert?"
"Yeah. Why wouldn't I?"
Oliver laughed. "Alright. Can I maybe see you after?"
"Um..." Jade thought about it. "Sure."
Oliver couldn't help but smile. "Ok, just come back stage when the show is over. I'll tell the security guard that you'll be coming."
"Ok! I'll see you later. Good luck!"
"Thanks!"
"Wait, Oliver!"
"What is it?"
Jade took Oliver's hand and wrote her name in a heart. She kissed the drawing on his hand and then let him go backstage.

********************************************************************

After the concert, Jade made her way to backstage to see Oliver standing there waiting for her. She ran over to him and into his arms. "You were amazing!"
Oliver smiled and said "Thanks! I'm glad you liked it."
"I did! Oh, Oliver. I miss you! I just want you back. I don't want to marry Eric."
"You don't have to."
"But I do. It was an arranged marriage. My parents set the entire thing up behind my back."
"Oh..."
Jade held onto Oliver and didn't want to ever let go.
"It's late... I better get home." Jade said.
"Alright... It was good seeing you."
"I love you,Oliver."
"I love you, too."
Oliver pulled Jade in for one last embrace and then watched her walk away, never to see each other ever again.
"Hey, Oliver!" Oliver's guitarist, Dylan, said. Oliver looked over in his direction and waved. Dylan walked over with the drummer, Ryan, following behind him.
"Hey , guys. What's up?" Oliver said.
"Who was that girl you were talking to?" Ryan asked.
"Yeah, she was pretty hot." Dylan added, high-fiving Ryan.
"Right, her... She... Well how do I put this...? She's or, er, she was my girlfriend back in high school."
"Oh, she's not now? The way you two were hugging looked like she wants you back." Dylan said.
"Yeah, too bad she's engaged and she's getting married tomorrow."
"Ooh, that sucks bro. I'm sorry man." Ryan said.
"Yeah, but she doesn't want to marry him. She wants me."
"How do you know?"
"Look." Oliver held out his hand to show them what Jade drew on his hand.
"Did she draw that?" Dylan asked.
Oliver nodded.
"Well, then, dude. You have to go get her back. Crash the wedding. Burst through the door when the priest says 'Speak now or forever hold your peace.'"
"I can't. The wedding is during the show tomorrow."
Oliver desperately wanted Jade back but he couldn't abandon his band mates.