Status: Active. (Based on the novel by Laurie Halse Anderson.)

Twisted

Thirty-Six

Principal Hughes went on the loudspeaker during homeroom to assure us all that the police were investigating the crime and that the criminals would be found. No retaliation of any kind would be allowed, but we were supposed to encourage our football team to do their best.
Sean said something to me right after the announcement, but with all the cheering and hollering and ringing of the bell, I couldn’t hear him.
I leaned closer. “Say that again?” He smelled like apples and his lips were slightly damp.
He smiled and pushed his hair back. “I said, are you going to the game tonight?”
“What game?”
He laughed a little as if I had just made a joke and gave my shoulder a little squeeze. “The football game, duh.”
“Um, I could be. Should I be?”
Do not touch him, I warned myself. Do not touch him, kiss him, bury your face in his neck, or throw him over your shoulder and head for the nearest cave. Those would all be bad choices, and they would have immediate, negative consequences. No touching.
“Well yeah, Elise. That would be nice.” He picked up his books and settled them on his hip. “It would be nice if you came to the game. It would be nicer if you sat next to me. And it would be nicest if I got to bring you a cup of hot chocolate since it’s going to be cold tonight. Got to go, we’re late.”

---

Don’t ask what happened for the next eight hours. I’m pretty sure I was unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe please?