Status: Active. (Based on the novel by Laurie Halse Anderson.)

Twisted

Eight

I spent most of Friday night playing Saw II: Flesh and Blood. The graphics weren't that impressive for a game released just over a year ago, and it made my Playstation freeze up, but it was better than lying awake and loathing myself for hurting Sean.
Flesh and Blood was Hell. The point of the game was to play as two characters named Campbell and Michael, both the most recent victims of Jigsaw. You first played as Campbell, going through a few series of traps before switching over to Michael, where the traps got longer and harder to beat, before ultimately coming to the final trap that Campbell had done. The choice you made at that point in the game would affect the end. You either saved Campbell's life, or saved Michael's.
It was ultimately unclear which choice was better.
I had just gotten the game, so when I started a new file, I was immediately launched into getting Campbell out of the first trap- the Venus Fly Trap. I had to control a scalpel to cut open the stitches by his eye and retrieve a key that was behind that eye to unlock the trap- a full head mask decorated with spikes on the inside that would snap shut and kill him if not unlocked in time. It took forever to even attempt to be successful at this. My fingers hit the buttons in the right sequence over and over. It normally sent a shiver up my spine when I almost saved him or almost stabbed his eye out.
But I had to keep it down so Dad didn't hear me playing.

---

See, that was why I was a bad daughter. Lack of respect.
McCreadys were disciplined. McCreadys followed rules. McCreadys toughed it out; they ate dirt and went for the kill.
That last one was an actual quote. Dad said it to me when I was twelve, after I lost the middle school football championship. The ball had been thrown directly to me and I was fifty yards away from the touchdown line, but I was blocked by two linebackers in front of me and behind me. Dad screamed for me to go, so I went, and I ran and ran but was tackled by the other team's quarterback.
Grandpa McCready told Dad I was a pansy for not taking out the quarterback's legs and that I didn't want it enough and he agreed. Mom lost it in a very controlled way and told them they were both lunatics. She dragged me and Aaron home so I missed going out for pizza with the team after the game.

---

I kept getting stuck on getting the final trap for Campbell- the balance bridge which led to an elevator. He always kept falling off the bridge. Every time I thought I almost made it, he died.
Stupid asshole.
I made a note to look for a strategy to keep him alive, swallowed four ibuprofen, and went to sleep just before three thirty.

---
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?