Status: In Progress.

Taken

Prologue

Maicee was walking home from school listening to her iPod. It was like any other day for her. Well, she thought it was like any other day. Little did she know that in a matter of minutes her world would be turned upside down.

She turned her iPod up as she continued her journey. The loud music kept her from hearing the van that was following her. The men inside waiting for the right moment to snatch her from everything that she knew.

As she finally rounded a corner, the van came to a stop. A man with a black fedora climbed out of the back of it and jogged up to Maicee quickly. He grabbed her from behind and wrapped his hand around her mouth to keep her from screaming. Her ear buds fell out as she struggled in his tight grip. He dragged her back to the van and threw her inside. He jumped inside after her and closed the door as the van sped off, screeching tires in its wake.

Maicee was laying on the floorboard she had been thrown onto. She tried grasping what had just happened. It had happened so fast. She looked around the van and found five of the most intimidating men she had ever seen. Her eyes grew wide with fear. What did they want with her? Why did they take her?

"What the fuck are you waiting on, man?!" she heard the guy driving ask.

She wondered what he had meant by that, but suddenly understood when she watched the man with the fedora come closer to her holding a syringe. She felt panic and a wave of adrenaline go through her body.

"Get away from me!" Maicee screamed as he got to her.

"Shut her the hell up!" one of the men said.

Maicee kicked and hit at the man as he tried holding her down. She was putting up a good fight, but eventually lost in the end when he punched her hard in the face. The blow caused her to see stars and stop fighting him. He lifted up her arm and stuck the needle into it. She panicked as she felt the medicine enter her body. Before long, she felt her body go numb and her eyes drooping. She fought to keep them open.

"Don't fight it, angel," the man with the fedora said.

The last thing Maicee seen before she succumbed to the darkness was brown eyes boring into her own blue eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you like it. I know it's short, but it's just the prologue. Please comment and let me know if I should continue or not. :)