In a Flash

Chapter One

"Okay! We can go to Gus and Guidos, or we can go to McDonalds. Those are the two closest places to the apartment."

Erin gave Gia a dirty look as Gia put her iPhone back into her pocket. "I am not eating McDonalds. We've been eating McDonalds for three days straight."

"Guess we're going to Gus and Guidos!" Tori exclaimed.

"That one is closer anyways," Gia stated as she began to walk in the direction her phone had pointed her to.

"We're in America. Isn't there supposed to be a McDonalds on every corner?" Erin joked.

"Don't give into stereotypes, Erin," Emiliana said. "It's every other corner."

The girls laughed and, as Gia had said, Gus and Guidos was closer and they were there before they knew it.

"Hello! Table for 4?" the blonde woman, who looked to be in her late 20s, asked as the girls approached the welcoming booth.

"Yes, please," Tori replied.

"Your server's name is Wren," the blonde said as she handed out the menus. "He'll be with you momentarily."

"How momentarily will that be?" Erin said as soon as the blonde was out of earshot. "I'm fucking starving."

"What do you think you're going to get?" Gia asked as she opened her menu.

"Chicken parmesan," Erin replied immediately.

"What if they don't have it here?" Tori questioned. "You didn't even look at the menu."

Erin glared at Tori. "If they don't have it, I'm stabbing you with this fork."

"Luckily, we do have chicken parmesan," a man said as he approached the table, whipping a pen and a notepad out of his pocket as he did so. "Hi, I'm Wren. Can I start

you ladies off with some drinks?"

The girls ordered their beverages, all of them getting juice other than Erin, who ordered water. She was 'on a diet'. Wren excused himself to go fetch their order.

"He was cute," Emiliana said, following him with her eyes until he was out of sight. "Really cute."

"Make it obvious, why don't you?" Tori muttered.

"He didn't notice!" Emiliana said defensively.

They saw Wren approaching and kept the conversation on the down low. What they didn't see was the four men approaching from the other side. One of them collided with

Wren and although he managed to keep the juice on his tray, the water spilled all over Erin.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Wren exclaimed. "I'll go get some more napkins!"

"I don't know if napkins will be very helpful," Gia murmured, using her own napkins to help dry Erin.

Everyone was staring at Erin, expecting her to go off. She was known for having a very short temper. Instead, she laughed, taking off the white t-shirt she was wearing

to reveal a black tank top. "Good thing I doubled up today!"

The man who had bumped into Wren stepped up as his three friends bailed on him to take a seat at the booth directly behind the girls. "I am so sorry. I'm really

clumsy. I'll pay for you to get a new shirt!"

Erin shook her head. "No, it's just water! Don't even worry about it, it's no big deal."

"No, I insist," the man said. "I feel terrible."

"He just wants your number," one of the men who was in the booth whispered, creeping his head around the back of the booth so that he could see Erin. "He totally

thinks you're hot."

Erin smiled up at the clumsy man. She must've thought he was good looking as well or else she would've been disgusted by what the other man had said. "Is that true?"

The man glared at his friend. "He was joking," he said through gritted teeth. Then he returned the smile to Erin. "Unless you want to give me your number." He reached

out his hand. "In which case, hi, I'm Wade."

Erin laughed, shaking his hand. "I'm Erin, and these are my friends, Emiliana, Tori, and Gia."

Wade smiled at the other girls and they waved at him in return. He returned his attention back to Erin. "I'll talk to you after your meal, okay?"

Erin nodded. "Okay."

"That was random," Gia commented, trying to keep her voice low.

Tori nodded and shrugged. "Oh well. Welcome to Los Angeles!"

~

The four men finished their meals before the girls, despite having arrived after them. Gia, Erin, and Emiliana went to wait outside as Tori collected the money to pay the bill. As they left the restuarant, they noticed Wade sitting on the curb. Gia and Emiliana pushed Erin toward him.

"Hi!" Erin said, giving her friends a quick glare before giving Wade her complete attention.

Wade smiled as he saw her and he stood up. He was a good four inches taller than Erin's 5'5" stature. He greeted her and then gestured to her body. "I'm still sorry

about that mishap."

Erin shook her head. "It's fine, really! You're just lucky I had a back-up plan!"

Wade nodded. "Right." He shoved his hands in his pockets and played with his belt loops. "So where are you from? I've never seen you around here before."

Erin smiled. "LA is a big place."

"I know. I'm just trying to make conversation," Wade said, flashing her an awkward smirk.

Erin laughed. "Well my friends and I are here from Canada. We're staying for a couple of months before we go to college and are tied down forever."

A look of confusion came over Wade's face. "How old are you guys?"

"I'm 18, and so is Tess. Gia will be turning so in the fall, and Tori in the winter," Erin replied. "How old are you?"

Wade scratched the side of his head. "I'm 24."

"Woah!" Erin laughed and then she shrugged. "Hey. It's legal!"

Wade's expression changed and he laughed as well. "That's true! Hey, do you want to exchange numbers? I can feel my phone vibrating and I bet it's the guys telling me

to hurry up. They're at the movie theatre across the street."

Erin nodded, grabbing her own phone out of her backpack. She handed it to him as he handed his to her. They put their numbers into each other's phones and then handed

them back. "Sweet," she murmured as she tucked it back into her bag.

"I'll text you," Wade said with a grin before dismissing himself.

"Ouuu, hot date?" Emiliana teased as Erin returned to her group of friends.

"Maybe," Erin laughed. "He said he'd text me. He's going to the movies with those other guys."

Tori came out of the restuarant and smiled at her friends. "Are we ready to leave?"

Gia nodded. "Yep! Erin got that dude's number."

Tori raised her eyebrows. "Hot date?"

Erin rolled her eyes. "No!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello Mibbians! This is a story that I've been working on with a friend of mine for a couple of years now. It's a pretty shitty start so it's probably surprising that we've been working on it for years. We've scratched a lot of ideas and came up with new ones, and I'm so excited to finally get it online! Please comment with suggestions, ideas, or just plain ol' comments! Also, subscribe if you want to see more! Thank you! (✿◠‿◠)