Status: Active

Can't Hold Back

Truth

Rayce P.O.V:

It wasn't the easiest thing to process, leaving someone I've been with for over a year, and it was not any easier to think what it would do to Dana and Becks, but I couldn't keep lying and I couldn't watch Becks, the one I'm in love with be upset anymore.

"Becks, I'm going to Danas' I'll be back soon, I grantee it." I said kissing her a few times.

"Rayce, please be careful." She says very sincere. I could tell she truly cared about me, and now it was time to show her I truly cared about her.

I left Becks, hoping she would be OK, and pulled into Danas' driveway. I looked in the rear view mirror, took a deep breath and ex hailed. I was scared. Scared of how she would take it, and scared for Becks.

I walked in and Dana waited in the kitchen greeting me.

"Hi baby." She said and kissed me.

"Hi." I replied very bluntly. I didn't want to just go oh guess what we are no longer dating because I fell in love with your best friend. I know I can't let her down easy, but I don't want to completely hurt her.

"You OK?" Dana asked

"Yea, just a long night, do you think we could go upstairs and talk for a little?"

"Sure, anything you need to relax baby." She grabbed my hand and we walked to her room and the more I looked at her the more guilty i felt.

"So what do we need to talk about?" She asked not sensing what was going to happen next.

"Us Dana." I said monotone

"What about us?" Now I could hear the concern in her voice, concern I had never heard before.

"I loved you Dana trust me I did...." I started.

"Did?" She was getting the hint of where this was going.

"Let me say what I have to say then I will listen to you. The past few months have been an up and down roller coaster between you and Becks..."

"What do you mean between me and Becks."

"There's a lot going on that you don't know about."

She said nothing.

"Becks and I, we have something Dana, something I don't ever see me and you having. I feel like I've never been this happy in my entire life."

"Rayce?"

"Becks treats me right, she and I are happy with each other, and in order for me to be with her... I can't be with you. I just thought it was the right thing to do to tell you what has been going on. I loved you Dana, I did, but things have changed."

I sat in silence, waiting for her reply.

"Rayce, how could you?" She began yelling.

"That's my best friend, was my best friend, not anymore." She began to cry now.

"How could either of you do this to me?"

"Dana, we didn't plan for this to happen, I didn't plan to fall in love with her."

"In love Rayce, your in love with her, and you have just been dragging me along."

"I didn't know how to break it to you."

"This is why she broke up with Owen, isn't it." She asked now yelling again.

"There was more behind their break up than just me, just like there's more behind ours than just her." I said getting agitated at how loud she had to be to get her point across.

She put her hands on the back of her neck and undid the clasp to their best friends necklace they have had since middle school.

"Give this back to her." She says handing it to me and getting up to root through her draws.

"Here's you hoodie and the set of earrings you got me." She said piratically throwing them at me.

"Dana I gave the earrings to you" I said kind of happy I got my hoodie back.

"You bought them, and I don't want anything that has to do with you, or her." She said crying once again.

"Dana, I'm..." She interrupted me.

"Get out Rayce." She pointed to the door.

"Sorry." I finished my sentence, and walked down the steps and out the door, and got to my car.

I sat in the drive way trying to process what had just happened, and decided that before Dana gets ahold of Becks I should probably get over to her house.