Status: Active

Can't Hold Back

Between her and I

We spent what little time we could get together, she was always attached to him, which made the situation even more complicated. When he couldn't be with me he texted me.

"So Becks, what are we doing today?"
Dana asked after we got off the bus. Dana and I went to school together and she hung out with me everyday after school. Most people think we are the best of friends.
"Dana, what do we do everyday?"
I asked as if it was something she didn't know the answer to.
"Hang at your house till Ray comes and picks me up."
she replied.
"So that's what we are going to do today."
Everyday as soon as Ray got off work he came to get her and everyday we worried something would slip. She irritated me often; I do love her dearly and I often felt that what is being done should not be happening, but some how Rayce and I found a way to make it moral. I wake up every morning to a text from him and when she went to bed he called me to make sure I was OK and that nothing was wrong.
We got to my house and I unlocked the door and we went in. My mother was always at work she was a single mom and there was just me so I was trusted with everything.
"What do you want for dinner Dana?"
"I don't care."
she said pulling out her ipod.
My phone vibrated; it was Rayce. I instantly slid my phone open read his text and replied with:
Babe she's a pain in my ass lol.
He and I talked about any and everything; kids, life alone, life together, our future, everything.
I pulled out some mac and cheese and hot dogs and started to boil water.
Why, what's she doing?
What do you want for dinner, I don't care, I tried to be nice and get her opinion.
I closed my phone. I generally text fast so she has no chance to catch on.
"What are you making?"
she yelled from the living room.
"Food."
I paused waiting for an answer she didn't reply because that pissed her off. She got angry very quickly, one thing wrong and she was pissed. That's why he and her don't get along, he is still a child at heart, and she won't let him be the child he is.
"Sorry Dana you know I'm just being a smart ass" I said knowing I should be nicer to the friend that trust me with everything. Trust me not knowing that I'm what's going to end their relationship. Ruin her life and lose her as a friend. She trusts me, and I hate that I'm betraying that.
Well what are you making for dinner, because I'm hungry? lol
what do you want hunny, anything for you.
"Hey is Owen coming over today?"
she yelled again
"He comes over everyday."
"Yea I know I also know you and him are getting irritated with each other."
It was true, Owen came over on a daily basis which is why I think I've grown tired of him being around.
About fifteen minutes later dinner was done and she and I were sitting at the table. She ate in silence and I continued to text Rayce like I do everyday. It's what keeps me sane.
♠ ♠ ♠
is texting
is speaking