Status: Active

Can't Hold Back

Awkward

Rayce walked me to my door and kissed me.
"I love you," he said holding me so close I could feel his heart beat.
"I love you too," I replied giving him one last kiss. I unlocked my door and walked in locking it behind me knowing he was still standing there to make sure I got inside OK.
I went up to my bedroom and flopped on the bed letting everything Rayce said to me sink in. He was right, we did need to decide what we were going to do, and we needed to decide soon. It was breaking my heart knowing that we were hurting each other more than we were helping each other. It was breaking my heart even more to process how Owen would feel if he knew what was going on, or for Dana to find out what her best friend was doing to her behind her back- with the guy she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.
I pulled out my cellphone.
'What are you doing this weekend?' I texted Dana and Rayce to see if they had any plans.
I pulled out one of my poetry books I had started to write. I liked to write and when Rayce was on my mind, it was much easier to write happy love poems then to write depressive love poems. Ones about the amount of hate I have for not living in a perfect moment. I had two text messages.
'Going to dinner and then the movies tomorrow night do you and Owen want to come?' Dana texted back.
'I'll talk to Owen. How much money do I need?'
I sent and opened Rayce's text.
'She said something about dinner and movies so I don't know, I'm just the driver you know that.'
'I know babe, you never really have a say, but that's what she said when I texted her so I guess that's whats going on, and Owen and I are coming.'
I sent him that text as Dana's came through.
'I don't know text Rayce and ask him if he wants gas money and shit.'
'Will do Dana what time for dinner and the movie? What are we going to see?'
My phone was going off left and right between him and her.
'That's cool, I'll get time with my baby girl.' Rayce answered.
'Yea, you always get time with your baby girl Dana, do you want gas money and how much do I need for dinner and the movies?'
'Some horror film, I texted Owen he said he would like to come so I guess that means it's the four of us tomorrow.'
'Ok, I texted Rayce, what time do you want me to come over?'
'I wasn't talking about Dana smart ass, and Ill pay for all of your stuff dinner and all, that's what a boyfriend is supposed to do.'
'Yes Rayce, but were not dating, you also didn't tell me we were going to see a horror film, I hate horror.'
'You can come over tonight and spend the night, you will have to sleep on the couch because Rayce and I get the bed.' Dana replied.
'Ok, let me pack my stuff and I'll be over. Do you think Rayce will pick me up?'
'I'll hold you and you will be safe.' Rayce said being the sweetheart he is.
'Yea, except Dana will be there, we will chit chat tonight apparently I'm spending the night.'
'He says he will be there in fifteen so be ready.'
'Ok Dana. See you soon.'
'I know I'm on my way to get you, I should be there in like five ten minuets.'
'Just text when you get here' I replied
♠ ♠ ♠
speaking
dana text
Rayce text