Theives

Meet the Team

I skipped down the hall, drawing attention.
“Em, calm down.” My good friend Emily said, I looked at her, she was tall. Her brown hair was up in a ponytail; her hazel eyes were the ones I avoided looking into when I was hiding something. They just bore into your soul. And she thought that I drew attention. She had on a Hello Kitty shirt and a frilly skirt with her Converse.
“Why?” I whined, sounding like a five year old. I swung my arms, and walked next to her.
“Your acting like your high.” She said, shaking her head as I grinned.
“I am. High on…” I started and she laughed, as we both said,
“Life!”
“Told you. They’re freaks. Both Emily’s. Ones a spazzy bitch, and the others a girly wanna be.” Said a snobby voice, I looked up to see Trixy. The top bitch at our school. I rolled my eyes. So what, I was a spaz and proud of it.
“I mean one wears skater shoes, flannel shirts and jeans every day. And the other looks like a fashion show gone wrong.” She added, I spun to face her. She skidded to a halt, hands on her hips. Her two friends Jess and Alex behind her.
“Why are you such a bitch? I hissed, she tugged on the edge of her pink blouse, which matched her medicine pink plaid skirt ad heels.
“Why are you such a freak?” She threw back. I licked my lips and said,
“Because I’m not trying to be a snobby pink-“
“EM!” Rachel sad, grabbing my arm and pulling me down the hall. Emily and our friend Kiley were on our tail.
“That’s right, freak. Let your friends save you.” Trixy called and Jess and Alex laughed, I shook off Rachel’s hand and headed back towards her, she looked alarmed.
“You are a snobby, pink slut. You know that?” I growled, she looked scared. Kiley and Emily pulled me down the hall as I called, “It’s about time someone told you so!”
They didn’t stop until I was in the library where they blocked my way before letting me go.
“What were you thinking, EM?” Rachel asked, green eyes wide. She tugged on her red hair and shifted nervously.
Kiley had an approving look on her face. She pushed up her glasses and crossed her arms, blond hair falling into her face. Emily gave me a stare that made me nervous.
“What?” I said, not seeing the problem. “It’s about time someone stood up to her.” I said, as Kiley nodded.
“But you didn’t have o cause a scene.” Rachel said, and Emily added,
“Any confrontation would’ve caused a scene.”
“Exactly.” I said, rocking back on my heels. I pushed up the sleeves on my flannel shirt. Before putting my hands in my back pockets.
“Don’t even think that you’re off the hook!” Emily snapped pointing at me. I threw my hands up in the air,
“Why not!” I crossed my arms and made a face.
“Personally, I would’ve let her rip Trixy apart,” Kiley said, all eyes flew to her. “As long as I could watch.”
“Kiley!” Rachel said, looking alarmed. “You’re not helping.”
“I know, I know. I almost blew our cover.” I said, rolling my eyes, and running my hand through my long brown hair. “But she needs someone to knock her down a notch.” I added.
“She does and we will.” Emily said, looking at us all in turn. “But not yet.”
A little fact I should add. We were the children of thieves. Kiley’s dad was a fighter, thus she’s our fist. Rachel’s mom was a Grifter, so she was our actress. Emily’s dad was the brain, so she ran our team. Then my mom was a very skilled lady, she can pick locks in 15 seconds, jump off buildings, and steal things while people weren’t looking, and pick pocketing. Making me our main thief. Together we work for our parents, getting in here they can’t. Trixy’s dad was a skilled Crime Boss, and we needed to get him. But how? Emily was still working on it.
“So what’s the plan?” Kiley asked, looking mischievous. Emily fixed her with a cold stare.
“I’m working on it!” She snapped sounding annoyed.
“I’m headed to clad.” I said slipping past them. Emily grabbed my arm, “I’ll go with you.” She gave me a look that made me grin. She had and idea.
“We’ll catch up with you later.” Rachel said, disappearing into the book section.
“See ya.” Kiley said over her shoulder as she walked down the hall.
“Let’s go.” Emily said, leading the way down the hall. I followed.
“What are you up to?” I hissed, as she started counting lockers. We reached the 41st locker. The lock was pink, I looked at Emily.
“You want me to pick the lock.” I said, not even asking.
She looked around, “Yeah, but be quick.’
I crossed my arms and gave her a smart assed look. “But you said we needed to wait.”
“I said a lot of things. Just do it.” She snapped, covering me. I pulled out a pick from my pocket and crouched down to set to work on the lock, within seconds in clicked open.
“That was fast.” She said, sounding surprised.
“Of course it was.” I said, getting to my feet and holding my arm out, as I opened the locker. “The locker it yours.”
I turned to watch the hall as Emily started to pick through the locker. I kept a close eye on the halls making sure we were alone. I heard the sound of skipping feet and humming. I back handed Emily’s shoulder a few times and hissed, “Shut it!” Her head snapped up and she put the iPad she was searching back. She shut the locker quietly and it clicked closed. The lock clicked back into place, as a girl rounded the corner. I leaned back on the lockers foot up on them, arms crossed. Emily did the same and started talking about random shit. I looked down the hall as a girl named, Abby, skipped towards us.
“Hi, Em!” She chirped, her brown hair in a braid and in and orange tunic, leggings and boots.
“Hi, Abby.” I sighed, Emily relaxed a tad.
“Why are you skipping class?” Abby asked, coming to a swaying stop.
“Cause I can.” I rolled my eyes, why shouldn’t she leave? She rocked back and forth.
“Emily never skips class.” She said, and I sighed. Then noticed I still had my pick in my hand. Shit.
“Well, now I have.” Emily said, I glanced at her. She would kill me if I blew our cover. I put my hands in my back pockets depositing my pick. Abby looked at me wide eyed. I froze,
“What?” Emily’s rock hard stare was on me.
“You’re the girl, Dayvn, likes!” Abby gasped.
“Wait! What!?!?” I asked, alarmed.
“He told Trixy that he liked a girl with red brown eyes, and she was in our English class.” Abby chirped. I nodded slowly. His green eyes were kind.
“”Also his friend, Cade, likes Emily.” She assed, Emily flushed.
“What?”
“That’s what I heard.” Abby said skipping down the hall.
My phone rang,
“What?”
“Nice to talk to you too.” Said a guy’s voice.
“Oh, sorry Graves.” I said, running my hand through my hair. Emily shot me a look of, ‘I know what’s going on here.’
“It’s okay. So Emily sent me a copy of the hard drive she as picking at.” He said, keys typing in the background.
“What did you find?” I asked, as Emily looked at me.
“There wasn’t much. But she’s having a party on Friday night. And someone hacked it earlier and sent all of you invites. I’m trying to track them down.” Graves said, I told Emily and she nodded.
“Now we have a way into the house.” She said and started to pace.
“By the way, I thought you were in school, Em. So how did you get the hard drive?” Graves asked, and the typing stopped.
“Ummmm… You know…” I said, wincing as he sighed.
“You stole it?”
“No… I just picked the lock. Emily copied it.”
“I thought you were told not to get into trouble?”
“Me? Get in trouble? Never?” I said, as Emily stopped, giving me a look I had grown to dislike.
“I have a plan.” She said, I fixed her with a ‘what?’ look.
“I have a feeling I’m not going to like your plan.” I said, slowly. “Graves, I have to go listen to Emily’s plan. From the look of it, I’m not going to like it.”
“Okay, talk to ya later. Good luck.” He said, and hung up.
“What’s your plan?” I asked cautiously
♠ ♠ ♠
So here we go!!! It's only the first chapter. I have this story all written up in a note book and am working on typing it up. I think I have about 4 or 5 more chapters to post, but you'll have to wait in suspense. Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!!!