Theives

Feeding Frenzy

“I’m not comfortable doing this.” Graves said for the tenth time.
Cade stepped back, arms crossed. “There now you look like a popular.”
Cade had given Graves on of his button up shirts and rolled up the sleeves, so you could see Graves muscular arms. The shit was tucked into his jeans, Graves looked uncomfortable.
“Really? Do I?”
He looked at me and Emily. I nodded, “Yeah, let’s go.”
Emily handed him his backpack. “Put it on one shoulder.” We walked out of the guys bathroom at school. I headed towards my locker, Emily, Cade and Graves close on my tail. Emily opened her locked next to mine. “Here, they come.”
We glanced down the hall as Trixy and her posse paraded towards us. Graves stood behind me, “Wow, can you say pink slut?”
I laughed, looking over my shoulder at him, “That’s what I said.”
As they got closer I could feel their judging gaze on my outfit, my skinny jeans, blue, gray and white plaid shirt, and skater shoes. I turned to face Graves. “You’re going to love it here, Graves.”
Trixy’s gaze focused on him, she looked like she was inspecting a horse to buy. She beelined over, pushing me out of the way.
“Hi! Graves, right?” She chirped, flipping her hair, so it hit me in the face. He nodded slowly, shooting me a look over her shoulder.
“Go with it.” I mouthed.
“Yeah, that’s me.” He said. Trixy put her hand on his arm.
“You must be new here. Cause you’re hanging out with the social rejects.” I looked up from picking her pockets. All I was finding were tubes of lip gloss and lip stick any way. I passed Emily her phone and she was copying the files to hers. I made a face at the back of Trixy’s head and flipped her off. Graves suppressed a smile. I slipped her phone back in her pocket just as she took his arm and pulled him down the hall.
“We’ll show you the ropes.” She cooed as they disappeared into the crowd of people.
I crossed my arms, “I really hate her.”
Emily nodded, “I know, but don’t worry. We’ll take her down.”
Kiley and Lauren crossed their arms, nodding. “Can’t wait.”
I grinned. “I got an idea.”