Theives

A New Member from the Other Side

At the party music was blaring. Emily was off with Cade; he was tall with brown hair. They were dancing in close quarters. She looked like she was having a lot of fun. Which was more than I was. Lauren and Kiley were standing in the corner with Tierney and Rachel.
“So I saved the game.” Dayvn said, arm around my shoulders/
“That’s cool.” I said, as Graves piped up,
“Does he ever stop talking about himself?” I smiled as he added, “He sounds like he doesn’t know anything but himself.”
“Come on,” Dayvn grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the side of the room.
“Code red!” Kiley chirped. Alerting the team to my movement. Lauren and Tierney drifted towards me.
“You know, Em. You’re not like other girls.” Dayvn said, leaning close to me. I saw Tierney over his shoulder she made an exploding gesture. I nodded and she pressed her ear. “Emily, get Rachel to cause a distraction.”
Emily moved away from Cade, towards the punch table.
“Rachel lift up your shirt. Distract the room.”
Rachel started to pull up her shirt. “Wait!” She pulled it back down.
Kiley threw her hands up in the air. “There goes that idea.”
“You have a unique personality.” Dayvn said. Cade leaned towards Emily as she walked back over to him. He nodded and he made his way quickly through the crowd.
“Dude, Trixy is looking for you.” Cade grabbed Dayvn’s shoulder.
“She’s on the second floor.” Cade made a gesture with his arm to where Trixy was.
“Oh, see ya later, Em.” Dayvn said disappearing into the crowd.
“You okay?” Cade asked, as Emily came over to us.
“Yeah?” I was confused. Why was he helping me out?
“Cade works with Dayvn for Trixy’s dad.” Emily explained as the rest of our group joined us.
“What the hell just happened?” Graves piper up. “I can’t see you, you know.”
“Close quarters with Dayvn. Going in a problematic direction.” I told him.
“Why are you helping us?” Lauren asked, we all watched Cade’s reaction.
Cade ran his hands through his shaggy brown hair. His gray eyes flicking from each of our faces before resting on Emily’s.
“I want out. But Dayvn and Trixy’s dad won’t let me leave.” He put his hands in his pockets.
“What can you tell us?” Rachel pried and Emily shot her a ‘shut it’ look.
“We can help you, but we need you to help us.” Emily looked at him and held up her hand as Tierney and Kiley opened their mouths to oppose her.
“I can give you inside details on our sales and shipment.” Cade said, rocking back on his heels.
“I say he’s in.” I said, fixing everyone with a warning stare.
“Let’s head back to the loft.” Kiley said, walking away not even waiting for an answer. I nudged Emily,
“Make our exit look good.”
She nodded and linked arms with Cade, and giggled loudly. I walked with Lauren and Rachel.
“Why should we trust him?” Lauren asked, Rachel nodded in agreement.
“Because Emily trusts him, which is why I trust him.” I said, before getting into our car.
“Graves we’re heading back.” I informed him.
“I’ll be here.” Graves replied, keys clicking.