Theives

Alliances Revealed

I walked into the wear house leaning back on the door closing it with a creak. I walked with my hands in my pockets. I looked around, the metal catwalk’s paint was chipping. In the middle of the room was a table with a lamp, it was covered in wires and welding stuff. I walked up and put my hands on the table, looking down.
“Hey, Tierney.” I said not looking up. She walked up to the table. “Damn it!” She swore. I looked up she had a mift look on her face.
“Good luck sneaking up on me.” I picked at the wires, she put a bomb on the table.
“We’re making this.” I picked it up and looked it over, it was a bar of C4 with an electric detonator.
“Okay,” I put it down and pulled out wires, and welded them together, before putting them on the detonator.
“Good.” Tierney put a bar of C4 on the table.
“I think Abby’s on to us.” I said, carefully attaching the detonator to the C4. Tierney nodded,
“Then we need to be careful.” I laughed, “When aren’t we?”
A creak drew my attention. I glanced at Tierney, she caught my look. “Keep talking.” I whispered. She started talking about the history of the bomb. I backed away from the table, and ducked towards the metal stairs. I crept up them, silent. Tierney’s voice echoed around the wear house. Once on the catwalk I edged down the railing, keeping to the shadows. Two figures were crouched by the railing listening. I moved closer, then grabbed them, pulling them to their feet.
Abby yelped, and the guy swore. Tierney stopped talking and flipped the catwalk lights on.
Abby looked alarmed, and I pushed hem towards the stairs, ignoring the other person, who was wearing a hoodie with the hood up.
Tierney stood arms crossed, glaring at Abby. “Were we eavesdropping again, Abby?”
I pushed them towards her, they stopped. Abby pointed at me. “You’re a traitor.” I laughed, “You don’t know what you’re talking about. This is way over your head.”
The guy spoke up, “But not mine.” He flipped back his hood and I froze. It was Graves. He had a betrayed look on his face. “You’re a double agent too?” He sounded hurt. Tierney looked at me eyes wide.
I bit my lip, “No, Graves. It’s complicated.”
He shook his head, “And I thought you were one of the honest thieves.”
Abby looked worried. “You turned on your own team?” I shook my head. “No, I didn’t, Abby. I took things into my own hands.”
Graves looked hurt, “You stabbed us all in the back with your lock picks.”
Tierney stepped towards them, “No, she didn’t. Let’s get the rest of the team here.” She looked at me. I sighed and nodded, “It’s time we told them.”