Theives

Twisted Logic

Graves called the rest of the team and they came storming in. Emily moved towards me and slapped me across the face. “YOU BITCH!!!” she looked hurt, but hitting me made her feel better. I clenched my jaw, my cheek stung, “SIT!” I pointed at the chairs, they all sat.
Lauren shook her head, “You lied to us. We’re your friends.”
Tierney and I stood next to each other. “We did, but it was for a good cause.”
Cade leaned back in his chair, “That’s why you wanted me on the team.”
I shook my head, “No, you seemed like some one we could trust. And don’t sass me, cause I still will prank your ass to kingdom come.” Tierney nodded.
“But our plan needed to be secret.”
Graves wouldn’t even look at me. Emily looked ready to push me off a building. Kiley and Lauren looked like they wanted to take turns beating on me. Rachel looked sad and Abby looked annoyed. Cade just looked like he was going to yell at me.
“What plan?” Cade asked, voice harsh.
“Tierney’s a double, double agent.” I said, they all looked confused. I sighed, “Are you lost?” They all nodded.
“Okay, so Tierney is working with us, but working for Trixy. But she’s with Trixy working for us.” I got extremely puzzled looks.
“What?” Emily looked lost.
“Okay,” Tierney said, looking ticked off. Long conversations weren’t her thing. “I’m working for you. Trixy thinks I’m working for her spying on you. When actually, I’m spying on Trixy for you.” Tierney explained.
Kiley put her head in her hands. “I’m so confused.”
I ran my hand over my face. “Tierney is working as our spy in Trixy’s crew, but Trixy thinks she’s working for her as a spy in our team.”
Emily got a look of realization. “Oh!” She looked at me. “That was great thinking.”
I nodded, “Thanks.” But I didn’t feel like I was a great member of tour team.
“Why didn’t you tell us?” Graves asked, looking at me with a hurt look.
“We needed you all to think she wasn’t our spy, because Trixy was catching on. So that’s why we were always butting heads.” I pointed out.
“But were great friends now.” Tierney said, turning to pick up her mess.
“You wish.” I muttered.
“Trixy still thinks I’m her spy.” Tierney said, looking at me.
“So, she’s got the inside covered.” Cade said catching on, we nodded.
I sighed, “Look, we’re sorry we were sneaking around, but we thought the fewer people who knew, the better.”
Emily nodded, “That’s understandable.”
Kiley and Lauren still looked lost.
“You two lost?” They nodded.
“I’m so lost. How can any of you follow that?” Kiley groaned, sounding annoyed.
“I think I get it.” Lauren said, looking at me. I nodded then looked at Kiley, “You need me to go over it again?”
She glared at me. “No. I want to be lost.” I held up my hands, “Just asking.”
Tierney turned to me, “I need to go. Trixy’s called a meeting for her party.” She made a face. “I’m never going to be a party planner.”
We all laughed, Kiley just glared at her as she left, leaving the door ajar.
Rachel stood hands on her hips. “I’m disappointed in you, Em. You didn’t trust us enough to tell us.” I swallowed and hung my head,
“I know. It just happened this way.” Emily put her hand on my shoulder.
“You did a good job. But I still say you’re a spazzy bitch, and I’m not apologizing for slapping you either.” We walked out to the car. The car was silent. We got back to the loft, Graves went into his room and slammed the door. Music blared seconds later. Abby and Rachel, saw the look on my face and smiled sadly at me, before drifting into the living room. Kiley and Lauren walked into the kitchen talking. I leaned back against the wall and ran my hands through my hair. Emily looked at Graves’ door then to me. “You need to go talk to him.” I looked up at her as I slouched against the wall. “I know, I just don’t know what to say.”
Cade put his hands in his pockets. “Tell him you’re sorry. You thought it was best for the team.” Emily smiled at him. “Then tell him why you didn’t tell him.”
I nodded pushing off the wall. “Will do, wish me luck.” Emily smiled, and bumped me with her shoulder. “Luck.” I smiled.
Cade moved down the hall, “Just be honest, that’s what he needs to hear.” I looked at him. “Thanks for the advice.”
He shrugged, “No Problem.” Emily walked with Cade into the living room. I walked up to Graves door, and leaned my shoulder against it and knocked.
“What?” Graves’ voice called. I dipped my head, “Graves, it’s me.” I pushed open the door.
He sat in his desk chair, back to me. His desk as covered in computer monitors and various tech things. His stereo played by the door.
“What do you want?” Graves spun his chair to face me. He crossed his arms, giving me a cold look. I put my hands in my pockets and shrugged, “I wanted to say I was sorry. I should have told you about our plan.”
He glanced away from me, not meeting my gaze. “Why didn’t you?”
I sighed, looking over his head, his intense gaze on me. “I thought if you knew, that the others would catch on. And it wouldn’t look real.”
He ran his hand through his hair, and nodded, “I understand, but I wish you just trusted me enough to let me in on it.”
I looked at my feet. “I trusted you, but Tierney thought it would be better as just the two of us.”
He shook his head, “Of course that’s what Tierney thought.”
I leaned back on his door frame, “Hey, I’m not messing with the girl who carries around C4.”
Graves grinned, “You better not, who would keep her in line?” He got up and came over to me.
I looked up at him, “We good?”
He nodded, “We’re good.” He pulled me into a hug, before opening the door and gesturing for me to exit first.
We walked hand in hand into the living room. Cade sat with his arm around Emily as they watched NCIS. They looked up as we walked in, Emily smiled, “Want to join us?”
I looked at Graves who nodded, “Why not?” I walked around the end of the couch and sat cross-legged on it, next to Emily. Graves sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulders.
Abby wandered in with Rachel, who sighed, “Why are we coupling up?”
I shot her a look, “Cause.”
She made a face, “God, I was just asking.”
I nodded, “Sorry Rachel. I’m just a little wound up.”
She raised an eyebrow, “A little?”
I turned towards her, Graves looked down at me, “Em…” I ignored him,
“I take it back, I’m not sorry.”
Rachel grinned, “That’s more like it.”
Graves sighed and looked over my head at Cade. “How did we get into this?”
Emily shot Graves a look, “You got into this because you think e’re super hot girls.”
Cade kissed her quickly, “You know it.”
Graves rubbed my shoulder, “What’s wrong?” He kissed the side of my head.
I looked up at him, “I think we need to be more careful with our plans. Because Trixy almost busted Tierney. She’s smarter than she looks.”
Graves nodded rubbing the back of his neck. “You’re right, we’re going to need someone to safety our plans.”
Emily looked at me and I grinned. “We know where to find her.”