Theives

An Old Friend

Emily and I walked into the local ice rink.
“She’s on the rink now.” I said pulling out the time sheet Graves had pulling off the rinks private files.
We walked into the rink, and leaned against the side boards.A dark haired girl went skating by, lost in the world of ice.
“She’s over in about three minutes.” Emily said, putting her hands in her pockets of her black and white pea coat.
“Then we’ll have to wait.” I sighed, leaning on the boards with my fore arms.
“I hate waiting.” Emily said, looking up at the ceiling. The skater skated towards us, I opened the door and she stepped out.
“Nice to see you, Alexis.” I said with a sly grin.
“Nice to see you too?” She said, putting on her skate guards.
“Look, we need some one to proof our plans.” Emily said, her hair falling into her face.
“Well, you came to the right place,” Alexis said sitting on the bench, and unlaced her skates. She looked up, “What kind of plan?”
I lolled my head around, “Oh, you know… Ones that could get me killed.”
Alexis looked startled, “Get you killed? Wait there are more than one?”
I nodded, as Emily ran her hand through her hair, “We almost lost her a day ago.”
Alexis looked worried, “Almost?”
“Almost.” I said, holding up my wrist brace. Alexis’ eyes got wide, “What happened?”
I grinned, taking joy in my injury. “I fell three stories, when I was spying.” A creepy note of glee in my voice, a tone I couldn’t hide any longer.
Alexis raised her eyebrows, “Three stories? And you only hurt your wrist?”
Emily threw her hands in the air, “I know right! She only broke her wrist! She must be part cat!”
I grinned, “God loves me.” I made a gross face. I don’t want to be a cat. They’re gross. I want to be a squirrel!”
Alexis looked lost, “Is she always like this?”
Emily nodded and looked at her. “Usually it’s worse though.”
I put my hands in the pockets of my bray and blue hoodie, “She’s right. I’m relaxed right now.”
Alexis stood, skates in hand. “Well, I’m in. When do I start?”
Emily and I smiled. Emily walked over to her. “You start now.”