Draco's Pet Toaster

The Muggle Toaster

Harry had left to spend the weekend at the Burrow. Draco had declined the invitation for obvious reasons, but he had assured his boyfriend that he would be fine if left by himself in Harry's mostly Muggle home.

Draco woke alone on Saturday morning. Without his shag partner available, he made do with a wank in the shower. He got dressed and told himself that he was looking forward to some time apart from Harry. Draco planned to finish reading the novel he'd begun nearly two weeks ago, and he had also arranged to have lunch with Theo and Pansy on Sunday. For now, however, he was thinking about what he wanted for breakfast.

Draco wandered into the kitchen and decided that he wanted to toast some of the cinnamon bread that Harry had bought at the Muggle bakery. Opening the loaf of bread, he carefully cut a slice and dropped it into one of the slots in the toaster. He depressed the lever as he'd seen Harry do, only to have it immediately spring back up. Frowning, Draco tried it again but experienced the same result. He swore beneath his breath and attempted the maneuver a third time. Once more, the lever failed to stay down, and the bread remained sticking out of the top of the toaster as if mocking him.

Draco tried a different tactic. He depressed the lever and held it down, smiling in satisfaction as the bread disappeared inside the toaster. He wasn't sure how long to hold it down, but he knew he would begin smelling warm cinnamon and he planned to check on his culinary creation then. After nearly a minute had passed with no tantalizing scent of cinnamon, Draco became concerned. Releasing the lever, he allowed the bread to pop into view once more, snarling in frustration to find that it wasn't even warm yet.

Resolving to defeat the toaster if it was the last thing he did, Draco pushed the lever down again. This time, he waited nearly three minutes before bending over to peer at the piece of bread inside the confounded toaster. It appeared to be in the proper position, so Draco didn't understand why it wasn't toasting. He held his free hand over the small appliance, scowling when he realized it didn't even feel warm, much less toasty.

Completely losing his patience and composure, Draco stormed out of the kitchen and went to the fireplace. Grabbing a pinch of Floo powder, he called out, "The Burrow!" and stuck his head in the dancing green flames. Of course, the entire Weasley clan was milling about when Draco's head appeared in their fireplace. "H-Harry?" he asked uncertainly.

Harry arrived in Draco's sight. "What is it?" he asked, voice warm with concern. "Is anything wrong?"

Draco cleared his throat nervously. "The Muggle toaster won't work properly," he began. "I put the bread in it and depressed the lever, but it won't stay down, and the toaster won't get warm," he explained, face flushing with embarrassment.

Harry smiled at him in gentle humor and asked, "Did you plug it in?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was so silly one-shot for my friend Madison to cheer her up. Not the best thing I have ever written but for some reason the idea of him not being able to use a toaster makes me crazy happy.