The Decay

The Mirror

It was a mirror. It was a mirror that laid flat on the ground. It looked up at me but I felt intimidated even thought it was me, me who initiated this painful meeting in the first place. It withered under me as I stepped onto its cold, metal face. Pretty numbers, they could show up. Instead, ugly numbers reflected into my eyes. They reflected me so perfectly it almost hurt. I felt my stomach drop and at that moment, I really wish it had.

It smiled up at me in such a cruel way that made my toes curl. I ran my fingers through my thin strands of hair and let my head tilt down in defeat. I let my eyelids drop but the numbers seemed to have engraved deeply into my mind.

There was a one.

There was also a two.

Oh and, don’t I dare forget the seven hanging loosely onto the corners.

One hundred and twenty seven.

The thin lines that assembled together to create numbers raced through my mind. I felt dizzy, I felt nauseous. Slowly opening my eyes again, I lifted my right foot off the mirror and stabilized myself back onto the ground. My gaze shifted down to the numbers and as I did, the corners of my lips also dragged down.

I witnessed the mirror wavering greatly and soon I heard it sigh in relief.

Zero. It is a number that shows nothing and weighs nothing. Weightless. I was one hundred and twenty seven pounds from the definition of weightless.

One hundred and twenty seven pounds too many.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello, here is my story. It isn't a one-shot so - feel free to subscribe. (: However, I will not update frequently because... I'm too busy right now? But I will write more. :D