Status: Finished

Golden Slumbers

Spider

Till

Ms. G, my English teacher, gave the class an assignment to write in a journal. So, here’s mine.

Oli

Got an English assignment to write in a journal, write about stuff that matters to me. Here goes.

Oli

A spider is what began my day. I’m a huge arachnophobe, which is something not many people know about me. So when Till Linde, a gay kid I know almost nothing about, brought his pet tarantula in today, I freaked.

It got loose when I was alone in the classroom. The massive hairy thing was crawling on top of my desk. I started having a panic attack, something that hasn’t happened in a fairly long time.

“Fuck, fuck, s-spider, fuck....” Someone with short fingernails painted a chipped black grabbed the spider around its middle, lifting it gently. “Hey, hey, man. It’s okay. Kevin can’t hurt you.”

I focused on his voice until my breath came back. “Please, put it away.” Till obeyed, checking the spider’s lock twice before he turned to me, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

“Look, man, I’m sorry. I’m not sure how Kevin managed to get out, He really wasn’t supposed to. Please don’t tell Mr. Harrison?” “I won’t.” Till grinned and thanked me before running from the room. I noticed some things when he smiled-one, he wears eyeliner and lip gloss, and two, he has a tongue piercing.

Just another addition to his eye brow studs, gauges, and who knows what else. Till Linde, I know, is widely regarded as both nerdy and good looking, with a sort of weird charisma.

He’s short, with shaggy brown hair and green eyes. He always wears unusual, old fashioned clothes. They should clash with his dozens of rubber and string bracelets, but it all works somehow.

Every girl in school wants to be his friend, and a lot of guys go after him. To put it bluntly, Till Linde is a hot commodity. He seems nice, but I’m straight.