Status: Finished

Golden Slumbers

Runaway

Till
He ditched me! I can’t believe it. Soon as Math ended Oli ran out, his tall form disappearing easily among the crowd of students. I couldn’t find him after that, and I had to get on the bus for home. Now I’m worried that he won’t want to talk to me anymore. When the project ends, will Oli stop hanging out with me?
Oli
I managed to make it on the bus before Till could catch me. I was breathing hard, sweating. It’s spring, so the weather is getting a bit too hot for my usual outfit of jeans and hoodie.
I’ll have to switch to jeans and a tee soon, and then just shorts. I spend most of my summers half naked, for no reason in particular.
When I got home I checked on Mom. She’s still in bed, and I get this sick nervous feeling every time I’m near her. I’m starting to think maybe I should call a doctor or something, even if we probably can’t afford it.
I haven’t even told Charlie or Alejo yet, though. It’s something my mom and I never talked about.
I’m not sure what to do. She’s wasting away, but whenever I try to touch her, help her from bed, she screams and fights me off.
I’m so stressed my heart won’t stop pounding, even when I’ve been sitting for hours. I just want a little peace.