Status: Finished

Golden Slumbers

First Time

Oli
I feel like adrenaline is rushing through me, making me feel brave. I’m done with sitting around at home, watching TV and stuffing food down my throat.
I thought of Till all night, and I made a decision. Today, at school, I’m gonna ask him over.

Oli
Holy fuck, it actually worked. It’s the day after now, and every part of my body feels bubbly. I think I might actually giggle, but I’ll try not to be that feminine. Here’s how it all went.
I walked into school this morning feeling confident and on top of things. Till was sitting at a table with a group of his friends, but I caught his eye and winked like a goofball.
He blushed and smiled back. During English I got to talk to him, cause we don’t have to do much anymore. The school year is ending and most teachers aren’t giving out a lot of work.
I sat by his desk. I guess I wasn’t really paying much attention to me before, cause I realized he swallowed and leaned slightly closer to me. Cool.
“Hey, Till?” “Yeah?” he whispered, trying to keep his eyes on the teacher. “Do you want to sleep over my house tonight?”

It’s a Friday, so he could come right over after school. Besides, school ends in two weeks. Till looked back at me and grinned.
“Sure! Do you want me to come home on your bus?” “That would be the plan.” “What about clothes? I only have these to wear.” “You can wear something of mine.”
For some reason, the thought of Till wearing my clothes really turns me on. “Cool. I’ll be there.” He gave me a grin and turned back to the teacher.
Till couldn’t sit with us at Lunch, so I chilled with Charlie and Alejo, desperately wanting to tell them about Till, but not having the balls to.
They must’ve noticed, cause Alejo finally scooted over to me. “Alright, Oli, what do you want to say?” “Uh, what?” I asked, trying to look innocent.
“You’ve been fidgeting and looking sneaky all day. Clearly you’re hiding something.” Charlie pointed out.

“We’ve known you forever, dude. Just spit it out.” “I kissed Till.” I blurted out, then clapped my hands over my mouth.
“Shit!” Alejo and Charlie glanced at each other and burst into laughter. “What the fuck is so funny?” I yelled.
“You. Jesus, you look like a beaten dog.” Alejo held his sides and laughed. “Oli, dude, it’s not like we care who you’re fucking. Till’s a cool little dude. We just don’t want any details.”
I suddenly felt like hugging my friends, telling them how much they mean to me, what they’ve done over the years, but I couldn’t.
Instead, I clapped them each on the back and muttered thanks. Then they started teasing me about shopping for lube. It was a good lunch.
Till waited for me after school. He looked kinda cute huddled near my bus, his huge backpack dwarfing him. “Hey,Till. Is your backpack heavy enough?”

He muttered for me to shut up as we walked on my bus, but he was smiling. On the way home I told him about Alejo and Charlie, which seemed to make him happy. I like when he’s happy.
We got off my bus and went into my house. I felt a little ashamed. My house is so small, there’s barely any furniture, there are holes punched in my walls and stuff thrown about.
I tried to direct as little attention as possible to my room as I showed him around the house. It was hard showing my mom’s room, even though it’s pin neat now.
It’s empty without her. I miss my mom already. Till put his head on my shoulder and took my hand.
“She’s coming back, Oli. And she’ll be better when she does.” I nodded and squeezed his hand before moving on.
After we explored my house, Till sat on my bed while I cleaned up my room. His eyes kept drifting to the holes in my walls, but he was trying to hide it. I appreciated that.
“So, Oli, what’re we going to do?” “Well, I was kinda figuring we would go to that carnival down by Dawson’s Pier? It’s super cliché, but carnivals are fun.”
I felt proud when his eyes lit up. “I love carnivals! Let’s go!” “I’m not going on the Ferris Wheel, y’know.” He just laughed and took my hand.

Dawson’s Pier is a pier, duh, that stretches along Caevahal Beach. The Carnival covered it almost all the way to the edge, all bright colors and catchy music.
Till tugged me from booth to booth, his face open and excited. We played ring toss games, and got a lot of junk food, and went on rides (I did end up going on the Ferris Wheel, but I got a kiss for it) and bought things we didn’t need, and all the usual carnival stuff.
By eleven we were both a little tired, but hyped up from all the sugar. I bought us cotton candy and soda and we walked to the edge of the pier. It was quieter here.
The tinkling music was muffled, and happy voices could only be heard ever so often. The lights cast soft shadows on Till’s face as he sat on the pier, legs gently kicking against the side.
He was staring out at the sea, occasionally taking a bite out of his cotton candy. Little bits of it stuck to his face. He was perfect.

I leaned against him and drank my soda, totally content. “Oli?” “Yeah?” Till sighed and thumped a bit harder. “Where are you going to college?”
I thought that was a bit of an odd question, but he was looking at me with serious eyes. “Uhm, University of New Hampshire. Why?”
“Nothing. I’m going to University of California.” I suddenly realized why he had asked. We would be thousands of miles apart. I only had a little bit of time with Till.
The thought made me move closer to him. I put my hand on his leg and he flushed. I didn’t want to think about leaving Till, so I didn’t.
I just kissed him softly, held his face in my hands and memorized the feel of him.
We ended up walking along the beach, laughing under the moon. I liked the feel of cool sand on my toes. “You realize this is super cliché, right?” Till laughed, tilting his face up to mine.
“Yeah, but you like it.” I told him. He giggled. “Yeah.”Till pushed me towards the water, and I dragged him in after me.

We were laughing and soaking wet on the way home, but it was cold by the time we reached my house. I tossed him a towel and told him where my clothes were.
I was wearing basketball shorts when he came out wearing one of my t shirts. That’s all. It reached almost to his knees, and the collar was too wide, leaving one shoulder exposed.
His hair was messy and he was laughing. “I think your clothes are a little too big for me.” “I don’t think so.”
I pushed Till into a wall and kissed him, slid my hands up his hips. I relished the feel of his warm skin, the small noises he was making.
“My room. Bed. Now.” I growled against his ear, using my teeth to tug on his earlobe. He nodded quickly and ran off with me following.
I’m not going to say what happened next, cause it’s hard to describe, and I’m definitely not going to tell a teacher, but it was awesome, and hot, and pretty damn good for my first time.

Till is sleeping now, sprawled on his stomach in my bed, arms wrapped around the stuffed dragon I won for him, legs tangled with mine. The fact that he’s wearing nothing under the sheets is rather distracting.
I feel tired now, so I’m gonna go back to sleep, but I wrote this down so I would never forget it.