Status: Finished

Golden Slumbers

Cry For Me

Till
I'm better now. Oli is curled up beside me, his mouth open as he snores softly. He's shirtless, and it's kind of distracting. I want to run my fingers along his smooth skin, traces the bumps of his abs. But I should probably write this down first.

I was sitting on the swing, wallowing in my misery, when I heard footsteps crunching across the woodchips. I turned to see Oli. When he saw my face he walked faster. "Till!" I leaped for him, wrapping my arms around his waist. His bulk is reassuring.

I cried into his shoulder as he patted my back. "Till, what happened?" "My...my dad...h..he..." I couldn't make the words work right. Oli took my hand. "We're going back to my house." I nodded and followed him. When we got there he sat on the couch and pulled me into his lap.

Oli waited patiently until I was calm. "Tell me what happened." "When...when I got off the phone with you, my dad came home. He started asking weird questions, and he was all suspicious. Then he started talking about how he hates that I'm gay, and that he's ashamed of me. I said stuff too, and then I ran out. I just....I want my dad to love me. And he can't."

I looked up at Oli, who was looking down at me with an expression I can't explain. He took my face in both hands and rubbed my cheek with a thumb. "I'm so sorry, Till. What can I do?" His simple offer made me smile. "Kiss me?"
He did, and we moved on from there. Now I'm up and watching him sleep, my head filled with thoughts of college and my dad and leaving.