Let's Walk Through the Fire Together

Pt. 3 - Drea

Flick, flick, flick. I hear the noise and all of the sudden I'm pelted in the face by toenail clippings. "Drue! What the hell?" I slam on my brakes and deck her in the arm.

"Oww." she whines. "Pick up those damn clippings and throw them out the window or I'll make you clean the front bumper with your tongue!" Her eyes go wide and she quickly picks up every single clipping and throws them out the window.

"Thank you Squishy." she crosses her arms, grunts and continues to pout as we drive. "Oh get over it Drue. You know you would throw a fit if I did that in your precious Caddy." "Yea, yea, yea. I know, its just the though of licking bugs and God knows what else off the front of your car is just...well...gross." she shivers and then all of the sudden screams "Cows on a hill!"

"Oh lord, not the cows on a hill game." "Yep." she says popping the p. A few moments pass and another outburst erupts from the passenger seat. "Cloud in the sky!" "Is that all you can come up with?" I ask laughing. "Drea, we are in the middle of nowhere with nothing around. So yes, yes it is." Drue states, staring out her window.

I just shake my head and focus on my driving. I hear Drue shuffling around in her seat like she is excited as we get closer to the small town. "Ball in the road!" Drue screams shortly before a small child runs into the road after the ball. "Thanks Drue." I say, for once thankful for my sister's stupid game. Drue smiles and continues to look out her window.

"Flag on a pole...oh! Ducks in the water! Hey! Why are we stopping?" Drue shouts as I turn into the gas station. "So you can put gas in the car." I tell her matter-of-factly. "Why do I have to do it?" "Because I'm driving." "That is exactly why you should put gas in the car. You know...you need to get out and stretch your legs." she argues with me, but the death glare convinces her that I am perfectly okay. Drue sighs and gets out of the car.

"Skank in the car." I hear her mumble as she puts gas into the car. I shake my head and try not to think about the Wendigo that is only miles away now. I zone out for the next few minutes until I hear her slam the gas hatch shut. "Easy Drusilla!" She walks up to my window. "Whatever Drea, now give me the Raber card." I leaf through the stack of credit cards and hand her the one with the last name of Raber. She smiles and runs into the station. A few minutes later, she runs out carrying a bag.

"Oh lord." I shake my head and she jumps into the car. "Look what I found!" She pulls out a pack of fake mustaches. I laugh loudly as she pulls one out and attaches it to her upper lip. "Drue, I hate to admit it, but those are pretty awesome." She smiles widely and snaps a quick picture of herself. "Lets go!" she points her hand towards the road and we take off.

We arrive at Lost Creek relatively soon after that. I pull into the closest motel we can find and Drue walks in to check us in. She runs back out with the room key and we drive around to the back. As soon as we get into the room, Drue runs over and plops down on one of the double beds. I throw myself on the unoccupied one and start packing a smaller duffel bag of supplies. After I am finished I tuck the bag under my bed and plop down, joining my sister in the land of sleep.

~~

Stepping out of my Mustang and onto the forest floor, immediately jolts my senses into full alert mode. I look over to Drue and see that she is also extremely awake and aware. I grab a flare gun and shove it into the waist of my jeans. I then shove a few flares into my pocket as Drue follows suit.

"You ready?" I ask her. She simply nods and grabs her bag from the trunk. We hid the car pretty well and start hiking towards a mine shaft entrance, according to Drue's map. Soon we stumble across a trail of peanut M&M's through the woods. I cock an eyebrow at Drue who is returning the look.

We follow the trail and it leads us to the entrance of a mine. I grab a flashlight in one hand and my flare gun in the other before I walk in. Once I know that Drue is prepared, we enter together, spotting for each other. After a few minutes we hear a scream and we take off running towards it. We soon run into a group of hikers led by a very tall man with shaggy hair. He looks at us and cocks an eyebrow. I wave the flare gun so he can see in and he makes the 'oh okay' face.

"Drue, get them out of here." I say, she nods and starts leading the group away as I go deeper into the mine to look for the Wendigo. A few minutes later I hear the woman from the group scream again and I run off towards them. I soon come across the group cornered by the Wendigo and a man sneaking up behind it. He sees me and I toss him the flare gun. He shoots it at the Wendigo and it goes up in flames.

The beast soon burns up and I run to Drue to hug her tightly. "You okay?" "I'm fine Drea. Are you okay?" "I'm okay." "Okay, now let go of me." She snaps. "Okay, okay. Sorry, lets get out of here."

We get everyone safely out of the mine and send them straight to the Ranger's office. Drue and I lay low while the two men sort out everything with the rangers. I pull out my phone and send a quick text to both John and Bobby letting them know that the boys and us are safe. I get replies from both of them with John's telling us to not say anything to the boys once again. I show Drue the text and she nods, acknowledging it as she pulls on a new tassel hat.

"What was wrong with the other hat?" She just shrugs. "It got dirty and started to smell funny, so I put this one on." She sticks her tongue out at me and I just shake my head. "Oh you love me and you know it." she says and then looks to her right. She nods her head and I look to see the two men from earlier walking towards us.The one in front, who is a bit stockier with gorgeous green eyes, has a dangerous look on his face. While the others expression is slightly amused.

"I bet you anything, that they are Sam and Dean." Drue whispers to me. "I bet you're right Drue, I bet you're right."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3 =)

3 subscribers yay! I will not complain...at least I know someone is reading these.

Feedback is much appreciated!

~CV