Let's Walk Through the Fire Together

Pt. 5 - Drea

"Is Dean always so frustrating?" I ask Sam as we follow their Impala to our next destination. Sam chuckles "Yeah. He can be, but he's a good guy, good hunter too." I nod and and smile. "So how'd you and Dean get into all of this?" I ask, even though I already know the answer.

"Well our mother was killed when I was 6 months old. Ever since then our Dad has been on a hunt for whatever it was that killed her, and he dragged Dean and I with him. I got out for a couple of years, but my girlfriend was murdered the same way my mom was not too long ago. So here I am...again."

"I'm sorry. I know how you feel. My parents were both murdered when I was younger. Bobby was my mom's only living relation so he go stuck with us."

"I'm sorry. I'm really surprised we haven't met until now. I mean we were at Bobby's quite a bit when we were younger." I shrug. "I don't know. I find it a bit odd myself." "I don't mean to pry, but why were you so adamant about going after that shifter in Salt Lake?" "I'm pretty sure that the shifter I'm after is the one who killed my parents, or is somehow involved. I can't let that bastard get away with it."

"How'd you know it was in Salt Lake?" "I've been following it for the past year now. I had a bug on it for awhile, but when it shifted it stayed with the skin it left behind. I have a contact in Salt Lake right now that has been watching it for the past month or so."

"Oh wow you've really gone all out with this thing huh?" "Yeah, I guess so. I just want to avenge my parents. The way they died was just, well...it was pretty gruesome. I'm glad Drue doesn't remember it, because the thought of it has scared me for life." I wipe a stray tear from my eyes and the conversation seems to just stop.

We soon come to a stop at a little diner/motel. We sit down in a booth together, myself by Sam and Drue by Dean. We order our food, eat, and then Dean grabs the paper and starts to look through the obits. He finds out what he is looking for and circles it a lot with his pen. Later the skanky looking waitress who has helped us walks up to our booth. "Can I get you anything else?" she asks. Dean looks up, with his pen in his mouth and smiles. I scoff at him and roll my eyes. "Just the check please." Sam says as he walks back to the booth.

I smile at this and turn to talk to Drue. I roll my eyes again as I hear Dean mention something about the slutty waitress being fun. "Men." Drue states and we both begin to giggle. "So how do you think Mason is coming along with the shifter?" Drue asks me. "Well hopefully he's managed to keep his eye on it because I highly doubt it is still in Salt Lake." she nods. "You're probably right." Drue sighs heavily. "Whats wrong Drue?" I ask. "What if all this work we're doing turns out to be for nothing? You know? What if the thing that killed mom and dad wasn't a shifter? And if it was, who is it to say that we've even got the right one?"

" Drue this all won't be for nothing. Even if its not the right thing or the right shifter, just think, we're doing what dad wanted us to do...we're killing the bad things that he worked so hard to train us to do. We're doing this for them Drue. For mom and dad and Uncle Bobby for that matter." "I guess you're right Drea. Thanks Squishy."

I smile at her nickname for me. "Not a problem." "Hey guys time to go." Sam says touching my shoulder. When we get outside Drue holds out her hand. "What do you want?" "Your keys, we're switching." I glare at her. "You are not driving my baby." I turn to Dean. "Give Sam your keys, he can drive the Imp." "No way in hell." He says crossing his arms. "Only one thing can solve this. Rock, paper, scissors. Best 2 out of 3 wins." Drue states plainly.

I roll my eyes and walk over to Drue. "Dean come one. You and Drea." Dean trudges towards us. "Ok you two, now I want a fair game. No bombs or shit like that. GO!" The first round I win, rock over scissors. Second round is Dean, scissors over paper. It all comes down to round three. "Rock, paper, scissors shoot!" We both say, I throw rock and I look to Dean's hand which is paper.

"Fuck!" I grab my keys out of my pocket and put them into Drue's waiting hand. "Please whatever you do, be careful with him. Duke is my baby." "I know Drea. And you know that its pretty pathetic that you've named your car right?" She laughs and I choose to ignore her. I walk over to the trunk grab my bag and stomp over to the Impala where a still gloating Dean is waiting. I throw my bag in the trunk and hop in the passenger seat. As soon as I shut the door Dean takes off. "Easy cowboy. Someone is awful eager." "Well its not exactly the shortest drive sunshine." I roll my eyes at his response and turn to stare out the window.

"Look Drea, I'm sorry about earlier. You know, not believing you and everything." Dean speaks up after about 20 minutes of silent driving. "Its fine. I probably would've done the same thing had I not known who you were beforehand." "Speaking of, how did you know who we were and where to find us?" I laugh nervously. "Well when we were younger, I remember that everytime Uncle John was bringing you two over that we had to 'get lost' as Bobby liked to put it. So basically Drue and I saw you and Sam, but you didn't see us. And about where you were, Bobby just told us that John's boys needed help and where to find you."

"Well how did Bobby know where we were?" I shrug my shoulders. "I have no idea. What Bobby says goes, we've learned not to question it." Dean notds at this and turns up the radio. I then soon find myself drifting off to sleep to the sounds of Lynryd Skynyrd.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feels great to be writing again :)

Feedback is always appreciated.

CharV