Another World

Too Close

“Harry have you seen my house key?”

I bit my lip as I was under Louis’s bed. So that key was important….oops. I glanced down at the bracelet of his in my hand. Would he notice that was gone?

“What about my bracelet I had on the table?”

Ok, maybe he will.

“Did you check under your bed Lou?”

My eyes widened and I quickly moved behind the bedpost. Not good. Not good at all. I heard the blankets move and stuff being shoved around. I heard him sigh and I peeked around the bed post. He looked directly at me. He looked shocked and the moment he blinked I was out the window as fast as I could go.

I hid in the tree by his window and he walked over to it a second later. “Lou? What are you doing?” Harry asked. I remembered him from the other day. “I thought I saw….never mind. you’d think I was crazy…I think I’m crazy” he said, but the last part was much quieter. He walked back into the room and a few minutes later he and Harry walked out of the house. I flew behind them and every few minutes Louis would turn around…like he knew I was following him.

“Lou? What is going on with you?” Harry asked. Louis just shook his head. “Nothing, just…paranoid I guess” I bit my lip slightly before stopping and going back home. I hit the bracelet in the tree that I had all my other human stuff and the key I took from Louis.

I went back the next day. Something about this boy, just…drew me into him. I don’t know what it was. I watched from the tree as Harry walked in. “Hey Lou” Louis looked over at him and before he could say anything Harry threw glitter at him. My eyes widened. I couldn’t help myself…I flew into the room and under the bed. “What was that for?” Louis asked. “Fun!” I saw Louis stand up and Harry dropped the glitter and ran out of the room with Louis close behind him.

I quickly grabbed the tube of glitter and flew into the tree. I looked at it and smiled. It was pretty. Louis ran back in the room and looked on the floor where the tube was. “What, it was right….” He shook his head and I shrunk back into the leaves more and more as Louis walked closer to the window. He looked at the tree before Harry walked in and distracted him.

I opened the glitter and tossed some up and spun around in it. “Louis what are you looking at?” my head snapped over to the window so fast and I dropped the glitter tube. I watched it fall to the ground….so did Louis. My eyes widened and quickly bolted out of the tree and back home.

Too Close…
♠ ♠ ♠
Glitter