Status: Complete.

I Can't Not Love You

Bickering

[Jack]

Today was one of those days that I just didn’t even want to get out of bed.

I woke up and it was quiet in the bunk area, but I could hear people talking and laughing up front. I searched around for my phone and saw that it was already noon. Wow. No one had come back to wake me up? Usually Flyzik is back here yelling at us by eleven if we’re still asleep.

I rolled onto my back and realized that I could barely breathe out of my nose. It was all stuffed up. Gross. I rolled out of bed after a few minutes because I needed to blow my nose so I could breathe. I decided I should probably go out front and join the others anyway. As soon as I was on my feet, I began coughing. Oh, great.

I went into the bathroom and blew my nose, but I gave up when it just wouldn’t stop being stuffed up. I walked into the front lounge, still coughing. Flyzik, Alex, Zack, and Rian all looked up when I walked in. They were the only ones in there – the crew must still be setting up the venue.

“You don’t sound good,” Zack said, frowning at me.

“I woke up coughing. My nose is stuffed up too,” I replied, my throat feeling scratchy. My voice sounded a little different because of my stuffed up nose. “I think I’m dying.”

“It’s just a cold, Jack. Don’t be such a drama queen,” Flyzik rolled his eyes at me. “I’ll run out and get you some cold medicine in a few minutes. That’ll help you feel better for the show tonight.”

I groaned, “I forgot that I have to play while I feel like this.”

“You’ve played shows with a broken nose before, and you’re complaining about a cold?” Alex asked, laughing at me.

“Shut up, Alex.”

Alex just smirked, shaking his head at me and returning to whatever he was doing on his laptop. I sat down beside him and pretended to cough on him. “Jack! Don’t get me sick!” he shrieked, leaping off the couch with his laptop in hand.

“And you tease me for not wanting a cold,” I laughed, ending up going into a coughing fit instead.

“I’m the lead singer though – if I get sick, the show sucks!”

I ignored him and got up, walking over to the cupboard and searching for something decent to eat. I wasn’t really in the mood to eat much. “What is there to eat?”

“Pizza rolls, ramen noodles, cereal, beer, fruit, chips, snacks...” Zack trailed off. “I’m sure you can find something to eat.”

“It all sucks,” I whined, kicking the counter. A box of poptarts fell down when I did so, and my face lit up. “Never mind!”

--------------------

I was in a pretty grumpy mood again all day, primarily because of the fact that I was getting sick. Flyzik bought some cold medicine for me, but it just made my nose runny and made me cough more. The show that night wore me out, and I passed out on the couch backstage after a quick shower. I woke up a little later to someone shaking me by the shoulder.

“Jack, are you alive?” the person questioned, and I opened my eyes to see that it was Rian.

“Hmm? Oh, yeah,” I said with a yawn, sitting up to stretch. “How long was I asleep?”

“About an hour. The crew is packing up the trailer. Alex and Zack already went out a while ago to meet some fans – do you want to come with me and talk to some before we leave?” Rian asked, pulling his coat on as he spoke.

I nodded, standing up and pulling on some shoes and my coat. I found my beanie after a few minutes of searching and pulled it onto my head, then headed outside with Rian. It was freezing here in Wisconsin. I was amazed than the fans had stayed out here this long. I talked to and signed for as many fans as I could before my coughing started up again. I didn’t want to get anyone sick, so I apologized and headed back onto the bus.

I kicked the snow off my shoes as I walked in, shutting the bus door behind me. I unzipped my coat and pulled my hat off as I walked up into the front lounge and I scowled at what I saw in front of me. Alex and Jack were sitting on the couch, making out. Again. Alex was straddling John’s hips and I grimaced when I heard one of them moan.

“Get a room,” I said loudly, startling both of them. Alex fell off of John, onto the couch next to him. They must not have heard me come in.

“Holy shit. You scared me,” John said, eyes wide as he looked up at me.

“Jack, you’re a fucking cock block,” Alex groaned, throwing someone’s baseball cap at me.

I glared at him and threw it back hard, causing the brim to hit him in the arm and leave a temporary mark. “Fuck off, Alex. If you want to do that, you guys can get a room.”

“There aren’t any ‘rooms’ available. Zack and some of the others are in the back, and we can’t fit into the bunk together because we’re too tall,” Alex shrugged.

“Well then maybe you should just not make out or have sex where everyone can see you, and no one would get mad. Ever thought of that?” I asked. Neither one of them responded so I turned, beginning to walk away.

“He’s got an attitude today,” I heard John mumble behind me. Fuck, I really only meant to yell at Alex, not John.

“Don’t mind him. He’s just being a bitch because he’s sick,” Alex replied. I spun around as I reached the door to the bunks, angry now.

“I’m not pissed just because I’m sick – I’m pissed because you two keep publicly displaying your relationship and it’s unnecessary!”

Alex rolled his eyes at me, “You’re the only one who seems to think so, Jack.”

“Not really. Ask Danny, Zack, Rian, Flyzik, Garrett, Pat... they’ve all said the same thing,” I snapped.

“Well it must not bother them as much if they haven’t said anything,” Alex shot back.

“That or they’re just chicken and don’t want to tell you!” The three of us looked up when Zack slid the door open. “Zack! Aren’t you bothered by all of their constant PDA?” I demanded.

Zack’s eyes widened and he backed away slowly, “Uh, I’m staying out of this. I’ll come out to get beer later.”

He shut the door quickly and ran back to the back lounge before I could stop him. Alex smirked at me, “He didn’t say it bothers him.”

“He didn’t say that it didn’t,” I said shortly, turning my head as I coughed.

Alex laughed, “Face it, Jack. You’re just jealous because you don’t have a boyfriend too.”

“You have no idea,” I mumbled under my breath, kicking an empty can out of my way as I turned to head to my bunk. He’s such an asshole when he’s with John.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise Alex won't be an asshole for the entire story...

Big stuff coming up next. I'll update later this week because it's a kind of short chapter next, but an important one.

I'll definitely be writing the Merrikat fic since so many of you seem interested. I'll link it when it's ready, which probably won't be for over a week or two.

Thanks for the comments and everything. Don't be a silent reader! :)

Thanks to:
alleson
Ashie.Lexia
earthtojoey
kew_atl
(haha it does seem like that, doesn't it?)
MoMo_92
f0reverbr0ken
coolstoryBrosif
BeautifullyTattooed
Thereis182greendays
Party Ghoul
Garrett Hedlund.
indibear
pplz123456789pplz
al12_alice
all time perv.

for their comments! :)