Status: Incredibly active. C;

Dreamcatcher

02.

Skin to skin, bare and silky to the touch; it appeared to be the oh-so typical story of two people getting caught up with a hot and heavy moment in time. Her breath hitched as his skilled fingers softly grazed her skin, leaving a blazing hot trail of fire in its wake. His dark grey orbs smoldered her before his lips dove to the creamy hollow crevice of her neck. Her slim fingers plunged wildly into his silky mane of ebony, her grip like iron as she twisted them into his head, pushing the tall and tan man against her, as if he already wasn’t. A breathy noise pushed from her thin, pale pink lips when his teeth dared to spear the ivory pallor of her flesh, his tender lips roughly marking his territory and staking his claim; staking his claim on her.

He was unyielding as his fingers wound themselves around the lacy black straps of her brassiere, and if she had to take a guess based on the protruding darkness that glazed his piercing gaze, the thrilled young lady could only imagine the animalistic hunger burning inside of him like it was in her. A loud sound scraped against her throat while his rough tongue continually brushed over the fleshy pallor of her body, embellishing her skin with seals of passion. The anticipation welling inside was killing her, the steaminess of the moment thick enough to slice through with a sharp knife.


Fiona abruptly shot up from her bed, jolted awake from her dream. Immediately, she could feel the burning of her cheeks as she recalled the visualizations her subconscious had filled her unprotected mind with, each image rolling through her head like snapshots from a scene. She should’ve known something like this would happen, what with her dreamcatcher not in the place it was created to be in. Foolish as it may have been, an unidentified portion of her wholeheartedly believed in the story of the dreamcatcher. Her belief in it dated back to her childhood, a simple time where innocence held more bliss than ignorance.

The thumping of her heart reverberated in her ears, the pounding greatly outweighing her emotions. Heat rushed through her body as Fiona chose to telepathically send messages of hatred and fury at her sister for putting her in a position where she had to get rid of her precious dreamcatcher. She was incredibly embarrassed at having woken herself up from a dream like that. She’d never experienced a dream like that in her entire life, nor did she want to start. It was absolutely ridiculous and tremendously out of character for her. There were a lot of things she prized in life, and doing things of that nature with a man she’d never even met was not.

Perhaps that’s what rattled her the most; she had never even seen that man, not once in her entire life, and yet she could easily recollect every single physical feature of him as if she’d spent hours at a time studying him like a textbook. It left Fiona utterly spooked, and especially disconcerted when she took into account the nitty gritty details of her deranged fantasy. Raking her fingers through her honey blonde tresses, she was fully aware that she looked like a hot mess, but she was also fully aware that she didn’t care. She had other, more important, Sunday traditions to tend to.

It was then that Fiona finally tuned into her surroundings, and she was positively stunned to hear what sounded like shouting. Expecting the worst, she braced herself as she stumbled out of her bed. Her feet clattered against the cold, wooden floor chilling her toes when she hit the bottom of the stairs. Instantly, she found herself missing the comfort of her covers and wished she could return to crawling under them, because at that moment, she found that she’d rather be swallowed up by the ground and burrow underneath the earth when she caught sight of two equally frustrated women.

“What’s going on here?” asked Fiona, looking between the two brunettes with her arms planted firmly against either sides of her hips.

It was then that she took notice of the state of Jade and her mother. Her mother, ordinarily radiant in the sort of motherly affectionate way now looked as if she’d seen a ghost, which worried Fiona immensely. If that wasn’t enough, one look at her sister definitely puzzled her. Jade appeared to be extremely upset, digging her face into her hands as she tried to muffle some sort of scream once their mother opened her mouth to explain the entire situation.

“Your sister thinks she’s pregnant but says she hasn’t had sex like she’s the next Virgin Mary!” cried her mother, her green eyes looking as if they were about to roll to the back of her head.

Fiona’s head whipped to Jade, and again to her mother, astonished. She was sure her astounded expression told it all. Even for her sister’s standards, something of that nature could only be considered as bizarre to the extreme, which baffled her completely. It was ludicrous; she couldn’t believe what she was witnessing before her very own eyes. Her mother seemed to cash in with her agreement when she collapsed on the couch, and Fiona couldn’t tell if her mother had fainted, or if she’d fallen merely out of pure exhaustion and bewilderment.

The last time she’d seen her mother this discomposed was when her mother and her mother’s sister had gotten in a massive verbal battle when Nana decided to throw a New Year’s Eve party stocked with an alcoholic’s dream alcohol cabinet. It was so bad that her mother ended up pushing Aunt Lila into the pool and calling her the sluttiest heifer on the block. Not to mention, she also valiantly attempted to defend her name by trying to bash Aunt Lila’s brains out with a pool noodle. It made for an interesting, unforgettable night, but considering the fact that it was Fiona holding her mother’s hair while she bent down and emptied the contents of her stomach into the porcelain seat, she’d much rather do anything than remember.

“Jade? Is mom being serious? What makes you think you’re pregnant?”

In all honesty, for all of the things Jade does with her time, she wouldn’t be surprised if she’d actually gotten herself pregnant. Considering the fact that Fiona’s sister worked at Krispy Kreme and used it as an opportunity to pick up guys with a sweet tooth to rival her own. For some reason, it worked every single time. She never quite understood how a cheesy doughnut-related pick up line got boys to be interested in Jade, but the fact that they got a free sneak peek at what was down her shirt might’ve contributed to her inevitable success. They always latched onto her like leeches, unfortunately.

“I just…have a feeling.”

Fiona gaped at Jade, her eyes widened at her older sister’s response. This girl was on the verge of being eighteen, and her excuse for thinking she was pregnant was that she had a feeling? This had to be a new one, even for Jade. She wasn’t even entirely sure how to respond, her mind temporarily choosing not to work with her, before she could come up with a somewhat plausible response.

“You have a feeling?!”

“I know that sounds ridiculous, but—”

Fiona cut her sister off, not hesitating once she got a grip on herself. “Of course it sounds ridiculous! That’s because it is! Have you been getting symptoms of pregnancy, Jade? Hmm? Have you been sleeping with someone and too afraid to admit it to Mom? Because honestly, I’m pretty sure she’s more worried about the fact that you still think you’re a virgin and yet you think you’re pregnant.”

“Excuse me? Do you think I’m making this up, Fiona? You think I’d fake some sort of pregnancy for attention?!” she snapped, glaring daggers at Fiona.

Yes. “No.”

“Then don’t march in here and act like you know what’s going on, because you don’t.”

“I don’t know whether you’ve noticed or not, but you’ve come up with the most preposterous story in the history of stories. Do you honestly expect me or Mom or anyone for that matter to believe you? Are you sure you didn’t have sex with anyone?”

A pause more pregnant than Jade could ever claim to be filled the room. Fiona felt her heart drop like one of those weights they’d measure on the scale in grade school to tell the difference between five grams and eight. It felt as if a boulder had crushed her insides as she realized that there might be something happening that she didn’t entirely understand.

“No,” admitted Jade, “at least, I don’t remember consciously having sex with someone.”

The blood in Fiona’s veins froze, running ice cold in her system. Jade attended plenty of parties in all of her seventeen years of existing on this earth. It was very possible that her sister might’ve went to one and taken one of the elusive ‘plastic red cups’ some random guy gave to her to drink and slipped something in it so her sister wouldn’t remember the rest of the night.

“Are you insinuating that you got drugged?”

The look on Jade’s face said it all to her. The way her face instantly paled caused Fiona to groan and slap her hand against her forehead, shaking her head all the while. This can’t be happening. It just can’t be. Part of her felt guilty, knowing that her sister was probably having a rougher time with this than anyone else, but she also couldn’t help but feel the frustration coursing in her veins. A string of worry also weaved into her bloodstream. Jade didn’t answer her, so Fiona took that as a sign to continue asking questions.

“Did you take a pregnancy test?”

Once again, Fiona was rewarded with her sister’s silence and ashen complexion. Inhaling deeply, she ran her fingers through her hair nervously. How was she supposed to go about this? There really wasn’t much either of them could do now. Whether or not Jade was actually pregnant or not, she wasn’t entirely sure at the moment, but all they could do was to stick together. At least, that’s what she was trying to convince herself, because the minute her mother woke from her shock-induced stupor, Fiona could easily guarantee that being able to pull together and set their differences aside like family was supposed to would definitely help them. An all-too audible sigh left her lips as she tried to find a way to reason through the predicament.

“Okay, well, we need to get ready. You’ve got doughnut duty today,” she said, reminding her sister that she had to work that day, even though working a Saturday afternoon wasn’t her favorite thing to do.

Jade turned on her heels silently, and left the room. Fiona stared after her: she had never seen her sister as quiet as she was today, and she didn’t like it. Oh well, she thought to herself, a hint of dejection passing through her, at least we’ve still got the rest of the day left.

With that thought planted firmly in her mind, Fiona retreated to the bathroom, stripping from the material confines that were her clothes and allowing herself to slip under the radar and under the showerhead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiya, lovely readers!
There is a method to this madness, I swear. I apologize for the amount of time it took to update this story, and how disjointed this chapter is. It’s all over the place, but bear with me, because this is just setting up the primary points of the story. The next chapter will dip your toes into the actual plot, before we dive into it head on.
Enjoy, m’darlings! <3

Drop a line of constructive criticism. | Express your desire to receive updates.