Status: Completed.

Forget Yesterday

Jack.

The end of February. How fast had that come? 2 whole months Jack and Alex had been dating. Two months exactly. That was a scary thought, but one that also made Jack smile all the time regardless. He hadn’t dated anyone since Charlotte, let alone for two months. Surely that was a good sign, right? That he was finally moving on?

Anyway, tonight Jack was planning to ask Alex out to dinner to celebrate their anniversary, but he was getting no answer on his cellphone. Huh. Weird. It irritated Jack until the point at lunchtime where he decided just to go next door into Vinny’s tattoo studio and talk to Alex face to face. Alex would have a reason not to answer his phone, right?

Of course Alex wouldn’t actually be in the studio when Jack walked in.

“So he’s not here at all?” Jack asked, chewing his bottom lip.

“Nope,” Ryan shrugged.

“And he’s been out a while?” Jack added.

“Uh huh,” Ryan said, disinterested.

Great. Just great. What the hell is going on?

“You know Ryan, you really are no help with anything at all. You’re making Jack paranoid. See? That’s his paranoid face,”

Jack turned his head to see Vinny stomping over, not looking impressed.

“Looks normal to me,” Ryan said blandly.

“Go take your lunch with Brendon,” Vinny sighed.

Ryan got up and did so, leaving Vinny and Jack alone in the front of the shop.

“Where’s Alex?” Jack asked softly.

“Stop freaking out, I know you. Alex was picking up part of our shipment that didn’t get delivered and then he’s getting our lunches – he’s only been gone half an hour and it takes 20 minutes to drive to the delivery warehouse. So bloody paranoid,” Vinny grumbled.

“Then why hasn’t he been answering his phone?” Jack whined, unable to stop himself.

What?

Vinny just looked even less impressed.

“His phone is here, dumbass. He forgot to charge it last night after phone sex with you and it died less than half an hour into the morning. So chill out,” Vinny said, wiggling said phone where it was plugged into the wall.

Oh. Jack blushed slightly, ashamed of his thoughts. Of course nothing would be wrong. How could he have ever thought otherwise? Why did he always have to jump to conclusions?

“I’m such a dick,” Jack groaned.

“Yeah, you are. Alex would’ve been heartbroken if you’d stormed in here accusing him of what you’re thinking,” Vinny frowned.

“I know, I know. I feel horrible about it,” Jack mumbled.

Vinny sighed, running his hand over his short hair, before looking back at his glum friend.

“Look, I know you think when things seem too good to be true that they usually are, but you and Alex have a genuinely good thing going on! Don’t ruin it with your insecurities! If anything, he’s the one that should be paranoid about infidelity, not you,”

“I would never…oh, his ex. Yeah, I guess you’re right,”

“I know I’m right. Don’t ruin this Jack, please. He’s good for you and you know it. Just…try to think before you jump to conclusions,” Vinny pointed out.

“I will. Wish I hadn’t come over here now,” Jack muttered.

“Hey, he’ll be glad you did. Alex mentioned something about it being your anniversary tonight?” Vinny asked.

Jack noticed the obvious change in subject, but didn’t mention the blatant tactic, relieved for it if anything.

“Yeah, I was going to confirm our dinner plans for tonight but I haven’t been able to get through to him all day. That’s why I came over,” Jack nodded.

“Then that’s all he needs to know, none of your caveman shit. I’ll pass on a message, the details of tonight, if you want?” Vinny offered.

“You would?” Jack asked.

“Yeah, sure. When Alex is happy, Rian’s happy. And when Rian’s happy…”

“Little Vinny is happy, yeah, we know,” Jack interrupted, grimacing slightly.

“Hey, there ain’t nothing little about me, I promise you now,” Vinny grinned, wriggling his eyebrows.

“And that’s my cue to leave. Tell Alex I’ll pick him up at 8? And to dress nice?” Jack asked.

“Sure thing. See you later, buddy,” Vinny smiled.

“See you,” Jack nodded.

He should’ve known there was nothing to be worried about. How could he ever think Alex would do anything behind his back?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Jack :(
So paranoid!
I may have hinted at a little foreshadowing in there? Just a little hint?
The next one is a mushy one, also with the explanation of Alex's family past...

Thank you so much for being patient with me getting this out. Plenty of reasons why, but what's important is that I'm back with a vigour!

xo