Status: A working progress. I'll update as soon as I write another chapter.

Even Without Wings

Blimey

After the meeting with the headmaster, I was instructed to go to the Great Hall to wait until the feast begins. Eating for angels is a sort of enjoyment than a necessity. I strolled in, sat down in the first empty seat at Slytherin table, which happened to be beside the platinum blonde Slytherin Prince himself.

Our eyes met.

He raised one eyebrow at me. I started to get up, but he was already speaking:

“Hey, you’re that girl on the train ride, aren’t you? I didn’t know you were in the same house as me? Wow. I didn’t expect that at all, did you, Goyle?”

His minion nods his head in agreement with a goofy sneer on his face. The other boy beside Goyle, who was much pumper, goes along with him. The bulldog faced girl, Pansy from earlier smiles deviously up at me. A few others from my house and others glance over to see what was going down between the new student and the Slytherin Prince.

“You must be mistaking me for someone else,” I said, attempting to get up again from my seat, but he grabs me by the arm, pulling me down. He was pretty strong for a human, I’d give him that, but I was stronger

“Let go, you flaming git,” I said through gritted teeth, I pulled away with not a lot of force, but just enough that it made Draco almost tumble off the bench onto the floor.

I hear some chuckles from some of the other house and I receive a nasty look from Pansy and a few other females in Slytherin.

I brush them off, turning my attention back to Draco.

~***~

I caught my balance, staring up at the girl in front of me from the train ride to Hogwarts. Her wavy chestnut brown hair cascaded down her back, and breathtaking wintry blue eyes stared daggers down at me. This has been the first time, I had actually looked at her and bloody hell she was gorgeous.

“Blimey.” I said voice inaudible.

Who was this girl?

She shouldn’t be that strong. The girl in front of me didn’t look like she would be capable of almost knocking me out of my seat. This was another mystery like the one of Pansy going nutter on the train ride here. I don’t know why, but for some strange reason, I suspected the event was connected to the very girl.

If I could only prove I am right. . . .

“Take a photo it’ll last longer, Malfoy.” She said, hands on her hips and fire in her eyes.

My cheeks heat up and I know I am blushing. She lets me know and smirks down at me like she had achieved some goal. I hear laughter from the other houses and turn my head staring daggers at all of them daring them to laugh at me any longer. Anger boils up inside me. Just because the girl in front of me was gorgeous didn’t give her a reason to pick on me -the Slytherin Prince and pureblood, Draco Malfoy.

“Look here, you must not know who you are taking to, little girl. I am--” she cuts me off mid-sentence.

She rolls her eyes at me, crossing her arms over her chest and taps a foot, impatiently. “I know, know. You’re the bully of the school, who’s secretly a wimp, so you divert people’s attention by being nasty and crude, but when secretly all you want is to be loved and excepted.” She says this in a matter-of-fact tone of voice.

My face grows hot, and she knows that she has touched a nerve. She just smirks down at me with a look of satisfactory on her flawless face. I gritted my teeth, ball up my fist.

For a while, we just stare back and forth at one another until Dumbledore stands up to speak to the entire student body. The girl is forced to sit down on the bench beside me. She turns her head to the front of the Great Hall to listen to what Dumbledore is rambling on about. She looks straight pass me like we hadn’t been arguing just a second ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! I sort of hit some inspiration this week and decided to write some more. I'll try and update again when I am not busy with school. Next week is going to be hectic, because I am graduating fro high school!XD

Subscribe and comment!:D