Status: A working progress. I'll update as soon as I write another chapter.

Even Without Wings

The Wrong Ones

My next class of the day before lunch was Potions. Professor Slughorn, who taught the class, was also the head of Slytherin House. I wasn’t too sure how, I’d take to this potions professor, because if he was anything like the students in my house, I’d be getting picked on. Draco would enjoy that so much, I bet.

“Eva, wait up!”

I stopped and turned to see the boy from earlier – Neville Longbottom. He was jogging to catch up with me. “Neville, how are you?” I asked, smiling.

He smiled back nervously, not meeting my eyes. “I . . . . . just was wondering . . . . . what class you had next.”

“Potions, why do you have the same class?”

He nodded.

“Then, let’s go shall we,” I said, starting to walk again. When I realized he was following, I stopped to glance back at him. He stood there for a while looking like he was battling with himself to make a tough decision.

I sighed. “Do you not want to walk with me?”

“No . . . it’s just, I don’t know. What will the rest of the houses think of us?”

“Who cares what they think. They’re still trapped in their ways. It’s time for some change.” I smirked, crossing my arms.

Neville looked away, and bit the bottom of his lip in contemplation.

I tried to get him to look at me. “Come on, I don’t bite. If anyone says anything, they’ll have to answer to me.” I hooked up thumb at my chest with another devilish smirk.

Neville tried hiding his face from me as he chuckled while blushing like madly.

“And, besides what’s the worst that could happen? They’ll probably shun you, but that’s about it.”

Finally, he nodded his head, giving into my reasoning, and we began to walk. We got a few looks from his house and mine, and not to mention, the other two houses, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. But, mostly Slytherin were the ones giving us hard looks like we had come from another dimension. They sneered at us and whispered back and forth, snickering and poking fun. I kept my cool, not caring what those from mine, or anything other house for that matter were saying about us. To me, it didn’t matter what house you were in, you can still be friends anybody you wanted to be friends with. Other people could just get over themselves.

“Eva,” Neville whispered nervously as we made our way down into the cellar where the classroom was located. “They’re whispering about us.”

“Don’t pay them no mind, Neville,” I whispered back, linking arms with him with a smile. “Let them think what they want too.”

He nodded his head, and took a deep breath, and gave me a crooked smile.

“Draco, look who we’ve got here!” Pansy cackled, pointing at someone from down the hallway.
I was standing at the door of the Potions class room when I turned to see what the bloody hell Pansy was going on about. At first, I had to double take at what I was witnessing. Evangeline was walking arms linked with – Neville Longbottom? What the hell did she think she was doing? She’s going to cost herself her reputation! I’ve been trying to tell her, Slytherins stick with their house. They don’t go making friends with the wrong house. The worst part about it was that she was making a friend with our rivaling house, Gryffindor! Disgust and something else, which strangely felt like jealousy, filled me to the very core at the sight of her conversing with that geek, Longbottom.

“Looks like Longbottom has got a girlfriend!” Pansy catcalled as they came closer within earshot. She was fairly enjoying this moment to poke fun at Evangeline.

I smirked. Evangeline did deserve this. Making friends with the wrong ones, what was she thinking? She’ll never learn, will she? Evangeline just ignored Pansy completely. I could tell that she wasn’t going to let Pansy get to her, but I knew eventually, her temper would get the best of her. It always does.

“Hey, I’m talking to you!” Pansy yelled, who was persistent to get Evangeline’s attention, so she could poke more fun at her.

She still didn’t turn to acknowledge her.

This made Pansy angry. She went red in the face and huffed as she crossed her arms. Then, she turned to me, and asked, “Drakipoo, get her attention, please!”

I rolled my eyes at the ridiculous nickname she always seemed to call me by. Ever since I asked her to the Yule Ball in our Fourth Year, she thinks I love her or something! I sighed. I didn’t want to put up with her mouth, so I decided to have some fun of my own.

It was time for payback.

I bet Evangeline thought I didn’t know it was her, who had something to do with the “chair” incident back in Transfigurations. Oh, but I did have a suspicion it had her name written all over it.

“Just wait until we’re in class, Pansy. I’ve got something figured out for our two lovebirds.”

Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and I all smirked at each other knowingly. They knew their leader was up to something glorious. Evangeline better watch out, I thought as the plan began to come together in my head.

Evangeline will have wished she neverever messed with me, Draco Lucius Malfoy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, but I've been busy with college!:X I've also had a huge Writer's Block as well, but I've managed this update for you all. Again, I'm very sorry for not updating in a long while!