Status: Updated, hopefully weekly xD Enjoy

I Don't Know Your Face Anymore

Chapter Two

Faye struggled to catch her breath. She needed to breathe. She needed to watch the blood stream down her side.

God. It felt so good to bleed it out.

As the crimson droplets slipped down the drain, so did her worries. So did her dark thoughts. This was her release. This was the thing that helped her through it. The only thing that worked entirely. She needed it.

She leaned against the shower wall as the pain died.

She felt so much better.

"Faye? Jace is on his way!" Her mom called. Her eyes snapped open. He'd know. He always knew. She cursed silently. The last thing she wanted to do was disappoint Jace.

She sighed and stepped out of the shower, drying off carefully. She didn't waste time getting ready. She pulled on a plain black hoodie and dark blue skinny jeans. She blow dried her hair and applied mascara. And that was all she did. She didn't feel the need to impress anyone. The only person she had ever tried to impress was--

The doorbell rang and Jace came up the stairs soon after. He was clad in tight jeans and a blue flannel shirt that hung open, showing off a dark graphic tee that she didn't recognize. His jacket was probably in the car.

"Hey there." He beamed at her and she couldn't help but smile back. He brought that out in her, that happy girl she used to be.

"I'm ready." She stuck her feet in black Etnies. He pulled her into a tight hug and she winced slightly. He sighed and pulled her hoodie up a fraction. The word "worthless" was cut into her side.

"I figured." Dropping to his knees, he shook his head. "Faye..." He leaned close and his breath tickled her slightly. He kissed each letter as her cheeks burned in shame. "You aren't worthless." He stood and his eyes met hers with such an intensity that she had to drop her gaze to the floor.

"I..." He shook his head again and placed a friendly kiss on her temple.

"You're staying the night. Wanna steal my clothes or do you want to bring something?" She raised a brow. Usually he didn't drop it this quickly. He usually berated her until she agreed that she wasn't worthless, horrid, disgusting, or anything else she carved into herself.

"I'll borrow something of yours." She liked his clothes. They were comfortable and smelled like him.

"I figured." He grinned and tugged her downstairs and to the car.

Where Tason and a girl with scarlet hair were waiting, their limbs closely intertwined in the front seat while their lips were locked in a passionate battle. Faye felt sick. Honestly.

"Nice." Jace scoffed and opened the door for her. "You've got company." He said loudly. Tason moved away from the girl and smirked at Faye.

"Double date." He winked and her face caught fire.

"It's not a date!" Jace exclaimed before she could insult him. She cast him a grateful look.

"Baby, let's go." The girl said in a deep, husky voice that Faye supposed was meant to be sexy. She bit her lip and stared at her lap. Why did Tason go after girls like that? The ones that wouldn't always be there? The girls that only used him?

They set off for the amusement park with the radio blasting music only the red head liked.

Faye rolled her eyes, pulling out her iPod and Jace made a face at her, getting her to crack a small smile. He always cheered her up. He always made her smile and forget.

That's why he was her best friend. The only person she needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO SORRY.
This took me forever. D':
And it's so short...

I've been stuck on what to do. :x
Thanks for waiting though!

This chapter is dedicated to Vintage Arsenic for helping me out of this horrible writer's block.

Hugs to my first commenters:
Vintage Arsenic
Miss Construed
Click This
imjustinlove

And the silent readers. :3

I promise to update much more often from here on out!
If not, feel free to hunt me down and torture me.
XD