Status: Updated, hopefully weekly xD Enjoy

I Don't Know Your Face Anymore

Chapter Three

Faye laid her head against Jace's shoulder as they passed her iPod back and forth. They were drawing pictures to each other.

"Hey. Lovebirds. We're here." Tason said gruffly. Faye sighed.

"We're not lovebirds," Jace pouted and got out of the car. He held out a hand for Faye and she laughed, taking it because she knew he wouldn't let her out if she didn't.

"Thank you lover." She said sarcastically and he laughed.

"Oh shut up." She smiled and linked arms with him. Tason and the redhead stayed behind for another make out session as Jace and Faye walked up to the entrance. Jace paid and Faye glared. "What?"

"Stop that. I have money." He messed up her hair.

"I don't care. It's how I was raised. Deal with it." He grinned and kissed the top of her head.

"Whatever." She stuck her tongue out and he pulled her over to a ride.

----

"I wanna play games." Jace said, his cheeks flushed and his hair touseled. They had been at the theme park for hours and it was getting dark. Faye was tired of walking.

"Gahh. Jace?" She puffed out her lower lip and he bit his. There was something in his ocean eyes that looked...conflicted.

"Yes?" He said softly and the strange look in his eyes disappeared, leaving them bright and twinkling.

"Will you carry me?" She said, yawning. He laughed and crouched down slightly. She hopped onto his back and wrapped her legs around his waist. She locked her hands in front of his neck. "Thank you!" She leaned forward and kissed his cheek which flushed a bright red.

"Yeah, yeah." He smiled and carried her to a game booth. It was one of those games where you had to throw a ring over a bottle to get a prize. She slipped down slowly and leaned against the booth.

"Three rings for five dollars, ten for ten." A teen who looked bored out of his mind said. Jace handed him ten dollars. "Thanks." He slid the rings over the counter, his eyes landing on Faye. They lit up and he looked her over carefully.

"Gimme ten." She said, smiling and handing him a ten dollar bill. He grinned back at her and passed ten rings to both her and Jace.

"Oh? Good luck, baby." The kid said. She flashed a smile at him and he blinked, stunned. "Beautiful." He said softly. Faye tilted her head slightly.

"What?" His face turned pink and he shook his head. She raised a brow and turned to Jace. "I'm gonna win you a bear!"

"No. I'll win you something."

"You suck at games." She smirked and threw a ring. She made it on her first try. The kid working the booth checked her out again.

"You cheated!" Jace yelled as his first few rings missed.

She made it a grand total of 5 times and Jace got two.

"The lady wins." The kid grinned at her and she bowed.

"Thank you, thank you." Jace pouted and picked out a small black bear that looked pathetic compared to her big Pikachu.

"Hey. Are you on a date?" The kid asked softly. She shook her head.

"He's my best friend." Jace grabbed her hand. "Why?"

"Well, uh, you're pretty...you're really fucking pretty." Her face burned.

"Oh."

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime." She opened and closed her mouth a few times before she spoke.

"I...I can't." His face fell.

"Why not?" She took in his appearance. He was pretty cute with curly brown hair and chocolate eyes to match.

"I've got...too much...baggage." She looked down, embarrassed. She didn't notice but Jace was glaring at the boy. If looks could kill, the worker would have been killed twenty times over. "I'm really sorry."

"I don't mind. I just...I want to get to know you." She stepped back.

"I'm sorry. I'm not comfortable with new people." He frowned and she escaped with Jace in tow, not looking back.

"I don't like him." He announced.

"I...He scared me." She caught her breath and sighed uneasily.

"You're alright." Jace pulled her against his chest. "Its fine."

"I think I hurt his feelings." She mumbled. "I'm a terrible person." Jace pulled her away and met her eyes.

"You're. Fine. Understand? You weren't mean and you're not a terrible person." He hugged her again.

"Promise?" Her voice was muffled against the material of his shirt.

"I promise. You're an amazing person." She sighed and held onto him tightly.

She wished she could believe that.

But horrible things never happen to good people. Only to the people who deserved them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah.
Faye :(

Thanks to
Vintage Arsenic for commenting <3

Comment! Do itttt. :b