Lost at Sea

one.

"Hello?" I mumbled in the phone speaker.

"Hello, is this Brandi Joneel?" A rusty voice said from the other end.

"Um yeah. How can I help you, sir?"

"You entered the contest to have dinner with Patrick Kane? Yeah, you've won." The man said without a care.

"You're kidding me." I mumbled into the phone.


That was the only thing I could think about on the plane. Since both of our parents had to work I was in charge of Jacob for the next week and a half. My dad even threatened to disown me anything happened to Jacob, and Jacob's parents told both me a Jacob to stick together.

I still think giving a 22 year old responsibility of a kid is a little much, but Jacob was too excited to pass at the opportunity.

We had arrived yesterday and tonight was our dinner with Kane. Let me tell you, Jacob couldn't stand still.

"Brandi! Brandi! Wake up! We're seeing Patrick Kane today!" He jumped happily on the bed, inturupting my mid-day nap.

"Shut up." I muttered, grabbing onto his wrist, pulling him down and holding him there, "There's still like.." I glanced at the alarm clock, "five hours until we're going."

"That long?" He stopped jumping, then pretneded to faint. I chuckled as his head hit the mattress.

"Okay, change and we'll walk around Chicago. You still have to get gifts for your family."

He nodded eagerly and rushed to his luggage.

I picked out a pair of black skinny jeans, a dark blue long sleeve, and a black beanie. I brushed my teeth and changed into my outfit with a pair of dark blue five dollar shoes from those thirft stores you see at the corner of busy streets.

"Ready?" I asked him.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwwwhyeah.
i got the entire story planned in my head and like half of it written and typed into little notepaddy things. so, enjoy!

and please comment, i love your guysses feeedback.