Lost at Sea

eleven.

"So.. so you two knew each other back in Winnipeg?" Patrick asked. The rest of the guys were watching TV and waiting for us so we could leave for Jacob's game.

"Yeah, I have relatives back there and my uncle was friends with his dad. They went fishing together and what not." I told him as I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder and let it rest on my hip.

"We're you guys ever.. like.. in a relationship or something?" I heard Patrick whisper.

"Relationship?" I said with a big laugh, "No way! He's like my brother!" I thought I saw Patrick let out a sigh, but I didn't take it personally, "Actually, Johnny was basically in love with this little girl down the street that would occasionally play with us. Plus we were only six or seven."

Patrick was about to say something but Jon interrupted him, "Let's get going, already. Any longer and we'll miss the game!" He bellowed.

We all left the apartment and headed to the arena. Once we got there it was already packed. The guys were wearing the team's colours, yellow and dark blue, to show team spirit. After getting the extra tickets from the will call we headed into the arena.

It was full of parents and friends. Since it wasn't pro hockey or anything there were no hardcore fans and crazy cheering. I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or bad, but Patrick, Jon, and the rest of them decided they'd fill in that spot. The second the puck was dropped the screamed.

Yes, many people did recognize them but since they were all old grandparents watching their grandchildren play or older sisters that didn't know a thing about hockey, they let them be. They didn't call someone saying that they spotted them. Well, except one, who started hitting on them. Let's just say it wasn't not awkward.

"Great job, Jacob!" They guys called as they ran up to congratulate him after the game was done. They had won 4-2.

"Thanks guys!" He said happily. He chattered on and on about his goal and how proud he was of his team. The large C on his jersey seemed like it was shining brighter than usual.

Once the guys were done congratulating him, they large group of guys went to introduce themselves to the other kids.

"You did amazing!" I told Jacob, wrapping my arm around his shoulders.

"It was really fun." He said with a big smile, "Thanks, Brandi. If it wasn't for you I doubt I'd even be here. You're the coolest babysitter around!"

I eyed him, "Did your dad tell you to say that?"

"I still think you're cool, I just wasn't planning on saying it." He grinned.

I nuggied him, "Jerk." I grinned back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aaaaaaah, I love Jake. Sao cute, little devil. He shall be the future Blackhawks captain!

Did I ever tell you guys that I was inspired to write this when my dad was telling me about his coworker's son who was in love with Patrick Kane and is like the next NHL staaar! I was like "I LOVE PATRICK KANE TOO." And then I saw that thing where you could have lunch with Patrick Kane but it would be at a taco place and I was like "NO I WANT A FORMAL DATE." So I made myself a date :3

Anyways, the real Jacob (not his real name) was offered to be a captain in a team in Hawaii (I HAVE NO IDEA WHY IT'S IN HAWAII) with a bunch of really good kids, but his parents can't afford it! So saaaad! D:

Also I have 88 subscribers. LOLOL ISN'T THAT COOL. CAUSE KANER'S NUMBER IS 88. Oh, too funny!