Lost at Sea

thirteen.

I let out a light laugh as I turned off the TV and stumbled over the bodies and into my room, with Patrick behind me.

"Oh god." I said, wiping away the tears of laughter.

"Hey!" Pat said, pushing me onto my bed as quietly as possible, trying not to wake Jon, "We were kind of in the middle of something!" He said with a smirk. He leaned in, placing his hands on either side of me.

"You, sir, have a game tomorrow." I gave him a little push, sending him onto his butt, "Go to bed!" I demanded, throwing a random blanket on him.

He groaned as I changed in the bathroom and settled myself for bed. "Night." He whispered.

"Night." I murmured back.

Image

First thing when I woke up was make a quick breakfast for everyone. Unfortunately, half of them didn't eat it cause it wasn't part of their game-day ritual. Pat happily took a bite and got to packing. While Pat was busy Jon came by and even told me that he was surprise that Pat had a bite, cause apparently he had a ritual as well.

I decided not to think about it and just help them with getting pack. Once they were ready they were all at the door.

"Have fun." I told them as they grabbed their things and headed out the door for morning practice and to meet the rest of the team at the hotel.

"Thanks for everything!" A few of the yelled with random thanks, etc.

Patrick followed everyone out, Jon being the last to leave before him. Pat stopped the moment his foot was out of the apartment and silently waited until Jon was out of sight.

I gave him a confused look, "Did you forget something?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say it that way." He grinned and gave me a quick but lasting peck on the lips. "Thanks for the luck!" He gave me a big grin then continued to follow Johnny.

Image

"Patrick Kane's kinda cute." Kyle sighed as he made the customer's order.

"Of course you'd say that. You think everyone's cute." I said sarcastically, sipping on the white chocolate mocha he made for me earlier as I sat at the bar of the coffee shop. The TV in the corner of the room buzzed as the game ended, 2-3 Blackhawks.

"Gary Bettman's not cute."

It took everything I had not to spit out my drink in laughter. Kyle continued with his job after his boss yelled an order.

Suddenly my phone went off, a text from Patrick. Come to the arena.

"I'll see you in class!" I called out to Kyle and headed towards Roger's Arena.

The streets were filled with blues and greens and cheering fans. Sure, it wasn't as packed as it would've been if it was the playoffs but seeing as the the Hawks were a pretty big rival, there was quite a few saddened fans.

Once I got to Roger's Arena I sent him a text, I'm here.

A head quickly poked out of a side door at the side of the building. "Brandi! In here!" Jacob called.

"Jake? What're you doing?" I muttered, hopping inside.

"Pat asked me to get you."

Jake led me through the player's entrance, down some old racketty stairs, and into a nice equipment room. By nice, I mean nice. The walls were a blank white but sprinkled with blues and greens. The halls seemed to be the same as I followed Jake until we finally got to the visitors' locker room.

Media was just emptying out and most of the guys were finished getting ready.

Pat peeked out from a corner of the locker room. He was nowhere near done changing. He was in his undershirt and a pair of shorts, but his skates were still on. He gestured for me to come closer but I didn't move until Jake pushed me from behind.

"Come this way." He led me to the rink.

"What're you doing?" I muttered, a little scared I was gonna get caught. I don't think Roger's Arena staff would let me just roam around the area.

"I convinced them to leave the rink open a little longer." We emerged into the large area, the rink lighted by a few bulbs from above. He reached behind the bench, rummaging through random things back there, "What size are your feet?" He asked over his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Extra long just for you guys. LOL. (:
Comment and sub guys. Thanks!