Lost at Sea

fourteen.

Pat finished tightening my laces. I tried telling him that I didn't wanna skate but he just said that he wouldn't laugh too hard if I fell. I knew how to skate but I just didn't want to. Part of that reason was because I was kind of angry about the Canucks loss. If they won I would've creeped into their dressing room or waited by the entrance to meet them and congratulate them.

Okay, so that came out a little creepier than I preferred it would be.

"Here." Pat held his hand out to me. He already had one skate on the ice.

"Patrick. I don't wanna skate." I muttered, gluing my hands to the bench.

"C'mon. I'm leaving tomorrow and I just want one skate." He pleaded, "I won't let you fall." His facial expression was serious.

I let out a little sigh but took his hand and stepped onto the ice. He led me, holding onto both of my hands and skating backwards in front of me. Just like I used to when I taught kids to skate for a bit.

"Patrick. I think I got it." I chuckled.

"Are you sure?" He asked uneasily.

I grinned and grasped his hands tighter. I quickly switched our positions, me now leading him. I quickened my pace, dragging him along with me.

"What the hell? I thought you couldn't skate!" He exclaimed, losing balance and almost falling when I let go of him.

"I never said that." My uneasiness of skating immediately fading. "Let's race!" I challenged him. But before he could say anything I sped off.

"Hey! That's cheating!" He called after me and started speeding up as well.

Even with my head start I was having a hard time losing him. Before I knew it he was right behind me. It wasn't much of a surprise since as an NHL player(ppt)especially being smaller than most(ppt)he had to be fast. He clawed at my waist, trying to get a hold of me. I sped up, trying to lose him. At one point he tried catching me by waiting for me to do a full lap.

"Ah!" I screamed dramatically before he gripped one of my belt loops and pulled me down onto the ice next to him.

"How do you skate so fast?" He panted.

I pinched his cheek, "You need to gain lots of speed to do an axel." I told him, trying to catch my breath as well.

He gave me a weird look, "You're a figure skater?"

"Was." I corrected him. "It didn't last long. My mother always wanted to be a figure skater so she assumed I would too. I didn't mind doing it but one day I was learning a new routine and I my footing got a little messed and I hurt myself. I haven't tried any twirls or anything since then."

"Oh shit. Sorry," Pat murmured.

"It's okay. That's when my dad introduced me to hockey. Of course I was never good enough to go into the olympics or anything but it was fun." I told him.

"Let's play hockey then," Pat grinned. "What's your favourite position?"

"I tend to fall for goalies and defense but playing? I usually play center." I grinned, getting up and skating around.

He got up to his feet, "At least Tazer won't be compitition, then." He smirked and skated my way.

"Competition for what?" I grasped onto the hem of his shirt.

"For this."

His lips were warm against mine. I could feel them tip up into a grin. I ran my hands through his hair and he grabbed my waist. His body was warm compared to the cold air the ice was radiating.

I quickly pulled away, "You wouldn't happen to know if Corey was busy this Saturday, would you?" I joked.

"Mmm. You're so funny." He rolled his eyes. He let go of me and skated over to the bench. "Left or right handed?" He called from the bench as he ruffled through the sticks.

"Right!" I called back.

Patrick came back onto the ice with a black stick with white tape. On the neck P. Sharp was printed in a stark font. Pat tapped his a few times on the ice.

"Will Sharp mind?" I asked, holding up the stick.

"He has thousands," Pat waved it off easily then held up a puck, "I'll be nice and let you start with the puck." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes but accepted the puck. I tapped it around, trying to sharpen my old hockey skills. I tried puck handling around Pat but he effortlessly stole it from me. I tried chasing him down the rink which ended unsuccessfully and the puck was in the back of my net.

"This is unfair cause you're an NHL player. Can't I at least get a goalie?" I complained.

"Fine, I'll go easy on you." He grinned as I shoveled the puck out of my net.

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Play right handed." I challenged.

"At least let me a right handed stick."

"No!" I smirked as he moved his stick to his right hand.

I played around the puck and tried skating around him. This time I was successful and the puck found it's way to the back of his net and Pat on his butt. Okay, so maybe I would've pulled a few penalties with the way I was playing but if I didn't then I wouldn't have gotten a goal.

"Hurrah!" I cheered, holding the stick over my head. "I scored!" I did a little dance.

"My turn." He grunted, taking the puck.

"Game on!" I said with a new found confidence.

He suddenly grinned. He skated up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He grabbed his hockey stick with both of his hands, successfully trapping me. "You can help me scoroe tonight."

I wrinkled my nose and slapped his chest, "Perv."
♠ ♠ ♠
whoot whoot.