Lost at Sea

eight.

"As I was saying," He said with a sigh through the speakers, "Can I get those five other tickets or do I gotta bump some people off our list of participants?" I heard him ask, followed by someone calling somewhere in the background.

"One second." I murmured.

I rested my hand on the mic of the phone and turned to Mr. Lanards, "How many tickets are there left for Jacob's game?" I asked.

"Oh, there's still at least ten left." He said as he made a turn.

I removed my hand and put it back to my ear, "Yeah, there's room. It'll be at the will call when you get there." I told him, "Would you like it under the name Patrick Kane or some undercover name?" I joked.

"Just hold onto them and wait outside before the game. People are gonna freak if they see me." He gloated, full of himself.

"Whoa, mr. arrogance, what makes you think I wanna do that?"

"Because you'd be honoured to grace in the presence of the super hot and amazing Patrick Kane." He said cockily.

"Good luck with that." I said sarcastically then hung up.

Image

It had been almost a week since I got back from Chicago and I was relaxing happily. Patrick texted a few times asking if his five other tickets he asked for were secured. I decided to be the better person and told him to calm his balls, which he took quite rudely.

Tomorrow was Jacob's game and if it wasn't for the fact that his game was at my school's rink than I most likely wouldn't have been able to attend. Already missing a week thanks to that Chicago trip (thank my friends for keeping me up with school) I couldn't afford to miss anymore classes. Plus, thanks to Jacob's game I had an extra day to catch up on all my assignments.

It was a plus that my professor also liked Patrick Kane. Maybe I could convince Patrick to visit my professor.

I walked to the closest bus stop and hopped onto the next bus that took me off campus and to my condo. By the time I was searching my bag for my keys to get into the building my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I asked, trying to hold my phone with my shoulder.

"Uh, I need help." I heard a familiar voice murmur with a few other voices in the back.

"Ugh, what is it now?"

"I need a place to stay." Patrick confessed.

"Are you stupid? Did you not make hotel reservations?!" I yelled angrily into the speaker.

"I'm sorry! I thought there would be some rooms left. Who knew Vancouver was so popular?" He said with an apologetic laugh at the end. "Plus we always have a pre-booked room when we play here."

"Ah! I hate you! You're like a little kid that has to be watched over and taken care of!" I yelled, paused, and calmed myself down, "Where are you?" I huffed.

"Airport."

"Take the skytrain that's connected to the airport to Waterfront then to Yaletown," I said, as a neighbour opened the door and let me in.

I thanked the neighbour and held the phone with a hand more comfortably, "Uh, Brandi? What's a skytrain?"

"It's like a subway.. but in the sky. Just call me when you're at the station that says Yaletown. If you're lost ask someone."

I heard him mumble a response then hang up.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohmygoodness. do you watch the voice? you know lindsey pavao? did you hear her version of say aah by trey songz? JESUS IT WAS AMAZING. CHECK IT OUT. skip to 1:22 if you just wanna hear the soooong.

anyways. thanks for reading! the backhawks kinda suck right now but its okay cause they're still beautiful and my canucks are doing amazing. so enjoy. please comment and subscribe. it makes my heart fly and its the reason im updating when i said i wouldnt! (: