Status: working on it :)

Pages & Paragraphs

What's so funny?

…the good guy gets the girl. She lay in bed that night, staring up at her ceiling, wondering why it had been him. He was nothing special, just some guy who went to her school. The first time she ever seen him wasn’t really anything special, he wasn’t anything special, but I guess she caught on to that idea that was building up inside her mind. She was sitting on one of those couches, you see in libraries which was ironic because she was in a library, in the far right corner reading The Shining out of all books. He’d walked through the doors and straight towards her. She hadn’t noticed him at first, but after realizing that she felt eyes on her, well, it was sort of obvious he was sitting across from her supposedly reading a magazine. He would glance at her and then back to the magazine and then at her again. Not like scared or anxious or anything, just sort of casual, but not so casual that it looks like he was trying to be casual. I guess he’d noticed her when she’d accidentally dropped her book in her lap and laughed because for some strange reason she’d found it funny. He looked up at her then and found it was hard for him to not look at her. It wasn’t like an uncomfortable stare like you think they’re looking at you because you have something on your face. Just…you know…that okay stare. After a while though, she found she just had to say something because she felt like some unknown private conversation was going on between them because first he’d look at her and then she’d look up and meet eyes and then she’d look away awkwardly. The second time it happened they’d both look away smiling and it just kept going on and on until she thought she was the only one who couldn’t take it anymore, but apparently he’d felt the same way and spoke before her. He’d leaned forward in his chair, setting the magazine down on the side table and spoke a simple, “Hi.” She laughed again, for some reason finding it funny, but in a way, he was okay with that. “Hi,” she replied back and he smiled. He couldn’t help smiling. It’s not like he hasn’t seen her around school before or never had a reason to talk to her. Actually he really never had a reason to talk to her, but ever since now he’s wished he had. They kind of just smiled at each other, but then the bell rang and unfortunately, lunch was over and they didn’t have any classes together. She closed her book and stood up, the same time he did and then walking out of the reading section, they bumped into each other and then like on instinct, they both started laughing. He picked up her book that had fallen to the floor, and handed it to her, making her smile again. “Thanks,” she said. He just smiled and nodded, finding there was really nothing to be said. They both realized as they left school that day that they’d never even exchanged names.
♠ ♠ ♠
This may not have anything to do with the song but in my words I hope it makes sense