Status: working on it :)

Pages & Paragraphs

All It Takes Is A Tap Of A Hand

No. No, no, no. He wasn’t there. Was it like a figment of her imagination? Or was she just feeling thoughts for someone, that wasn’t meant to be thought about. She stood there, feeling partly like an idiot because for all she knew, he might not be real. But that was just silly. Had she read him wrong or taken what he’d said wrong? Actually, they didn’t really speak much, but she could’ve sworn there’d been something. There was a light pat of someone’s hand on her shoulder and surprised, she turned around to find him standing there smiling this huge dazzling smile, she hadn’t even realized was so…alluring. “I might be mistaken, but were you looking for me?” She was speechless for a moment caught between her distant world and reality, and then she laughed. She shook her head and looked down at the floor. “No, I mean yes, um…I was looking for you.” She looked up at him, not sure what she was supposed to be feeling right now but he seemed to take it like it was a good thing and smiled a bit wider. “I thought so,” he said and then turned to say, “I was sitting over in the other reading section,” he said pointing. “I was wondering when you’d show up. I don’t have a class fifth period so I just come in here and read.” She nods, feeling kind of embarrassed. She’s blushing, too and he can tell. “I want to show you something,” he says actually finding it not that hard to talk to her. She looks at him sort of shocked and then follows him as he leads her out of the library and across the campus. At first she walks behind him, not absolutely sure where they’re going, but then, if she’s wrong then she’ll look like a total idiot walking into the wrong building, but still, she speeds up a little so they’re walking side by side and just as she thought, they enter the music room. They walk passed the drums and piano and xylophones straight to the back room where people usually like to practice in private. It’s not awkward like she thought it would be, he sits down in one of the chairs and she sits in one next to him. He pulls up one of the many guitars sitting on their stands next to him. The one he picks up has a soft yellow to it with a cool design near the edges that she can’t seem to describe. What he does next doesn’t really need explaining. In fact everything happening right then didn’t need explaining at all. It was sort of like an unspoken event that needed no explaining that they had. He laughs at first, strumming the strings nonchalantly. Then looking right at her he plays that song. She stifles a joyful laugh and holds her hands to her mouth trying to hide that huge smile that’s growing wide on her face. He’s singing and playing and looking at his guitar and smiling at her altogether, knowing for a fact it’s what she was going to ask for him to do sooner or later. She’s not looking at his face even though he’s looking at hers. No, she’s watching his fingers string the guitar strings as he plays what he knows is her favorite song at the moment. After the song’s over, which she responds to with, “That’s it?” Not something that’s very…what’s the word? Polite…I guess you could say. But he gets it as soon as it’s out of her mouth. He just shrugs his shoulders and looks at her. She sits back in her chair and smiles, even though how can she smile after that sort of harsh remark she just said before. That’s what I want to know… “So you like it I’m guessing?” He asks. She nods, biting her lip. He smiles, because he knew that would be her answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww...they don't talk much, but that's okay, sometimes you don't need to talk. Words don't always explain everything. Sometimes it's just a song....;)