Status: activity based on feedback.

One Pack of Smokes from Broke.

One.

"I seriously do not think I can make it through another year in this hell hole!" the short girl with wavy brown hair pulled up in her usual messy bun spat to her two best friends while they walked through the doors of their high school. She wore jean shorts and a Nirvana tank-top, black Ray-bans sat upon her face, covering her brown eyes.

She groaned, she shouldn't be wasting her time in this place; she should be out in the warm Arizona weather, taking various pictures of anything and everything, a cigarette dangling from her lips. She tried her best to keep the other reason out of her head. This would be her first years of school without him. It was supposed to be their year. But now...

"Eh, c'mon, Charlie! It's our Senior year! Shouldn't be too bad," her always enthusiastic best friend said from her left side. His black hair was in it's usual spiky fohawk, his white smile a perfect contrast to his olive skin. Eric.

"Bullshit, it'll be just as horrid as all the others. I already need a fuckin' smoke! And we still got 7 goddamned hours to go!" her other best friend shouted from her right. He flipped his straightened blonde hair from his eyes, an obvious grimace on his freckled features. Winter.

Charlie smirked and shook her head at her two best friends. She threw and arm around each of their shoulders, "Well, we better get ready, boys. We got 9 whole months left in this shit."

***

Charlie sighed in relief as she walked into her last class of the day. She potted Eric across the room and grinned. He grinned back and they picked two desks in the back right corner of the room, next to the window.

They already knew English would be their favorite class. Charlie, because she had Eric and a nice window to gaze out of while their teacher would drone on and on. Eric, because he had her, and loved writing about anything and everything.

Charlie on the other hand, hated it. "A pictures worth a 1000 words. That's why I'm a fuckin' photographer." she would always say.

"Uh, alright. So, I want you to go around the room and tell your name and something about your self... oh, and my name is Mr. M..." a chubby middle-aged man sputtered in front of the class nervously.

Charlie gazed out the window as students did as the teacher asked. She didn't pay them any attention, of course. Like she would ever give a damn about anyone in this classroom aside from Eric. Whom was paying great attention to his peers, grinning away.

Charlie's gaze shifted from the window when a boy getting out of his seat tripped slightly and made a bit of noise. He had messy auburn hair and something was in is nose. Oh, it was a nose ring.

He was average height and skinny. He looked very uncomfortable when people started snickering at him. His cheeks flushed and he looked at the ground like it was the most brilliant sight in the world. As if to make things worse, his voice cracked when he began to speak. "I'm, er, Garrett and I, uh, play bass in a band?" he stuttered and awkwardly took his seat again, shoving his face in his hand. A boy next to him said something to him and Garrett sent him a glare. The boy only laughed and stood up.

He had shortish dark brown hair and an even lankier body than Garrett's, he was also a tad shorter. He spoke with a smile even Charlie shouldn't call anything short of adorable, and she wondered if he'd ever let her take a picture of it.

"I'm Pat, and I like music." he gave the class another sweet smile and sat down.

Other students went on and on about dumb facts about themselves that nobody gave a shit about. Charlie giggled when Eric stood up to do his.

"I'm Eric, and Charlie's my bestie!" he grinned hugely and pointed a finger at her. Some people laughed, others looked at them like weirdos, but neither friend gave a shit. They'd stop giving a shit about what people thought about them years ago.

Once Eric sat down, Charlie realized it was her turn. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she stood. Her eyes scanned the classroom judgingly. They were all a bunch of kids who would probably do nothing exciting with their lives. This was the last of the best 4 years of their life. Filled with useless relationships, gossip, drama, and picking on kids like herself. High school was their fucking kingdom. She grinned at all of them, knowing they were all going to be fucked when June came. The fact that she wouldn't be made her smile even more.

"Hi, I'm Charlie, and I truly wish I wasn't her right now." she spoke clearly and audible. She smiled at Eric as she sat down.

She'd changed so much over the summer. Four months ago, she'd been like that Garrett kid. Totally self-conscious and awkward, tripping nervously over every word that left her mouth. Her face would've been as red as a cherry. But that wasn't her anymore. She wasn't that Charlie anymore, she was long gone.

That Charlie had left with him June 19th, and neither of them were ever coming back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, first chapters out! Lemme know what you think :) the next one should be out in the next couple of days!

Oh, and the Eric in here isn't Halvo, just thought I'd clear that up.