Status: activity based on feedback.

One Pack of Smokes from Broke.

Ten.

Garrett nibbled on his lip, looking down at his phone. He'd been sitting like that for almost 20 minutes. He was sitting on the end of his bed, a Ryan Adams vinyl in his record player, trying to calm himself.

He'd just been staring at Charlie's number on his screen, wondering what he'd say, even though he know exactly what to say to her. He had the details for the next gig and was supposed to pass them along, it was the upcoming Saturday.

He thought back the the English class they'd been in earlier that day. He'd been staring at her, like always, while she stared out the window, like always. Out of no where, she whipped her head around in his direction, capturing his stare. She gave him a small smile and continued to look into his eyes, even though she'd caught him staring at her.

His cheeks had heated up and he wanted desperately to look away, he was so fucking embarrassed for getting caught. But he couldn't break away. Her glaze held him like super glue. It was like she'd placed him under some kind of spell.

Garrett took a deep breath, pressing the "call" button and laying back on his bed. He squeezed his eyes shut and listened to the ringing, even though it was hard to do from the way his heart thumped loudly in his ears. His eyes shot open when he heard her unexpected "Hello?" on the other end.

He scolded himself, why the fuck wouldn't she answer? That's what happens when you call someone, dumbass.

"Um? Hello?"

"Oh! Charlie! It's Garrett, sorry." he spoke, face-palming himself.

"Oh, hey, Gare," he could hear smile, and it made his heart jump. "What's up?

He tried to get his heart under control and recover from hearing her call him by his nickname.

"Uh, right. So I got the information about this gig. It's this Saturday..." he went on, telling her about the venue, time, and other bands that would be playing.

"Hey, hold up, is that Ryan Adams?" Charlie asked excitedly.

Oh, my fucking God, she knows Ryan fucking Adams! he thought.

"Oh, wow. Yeah, yeah, it is!" he shot up from his laying position, grinning excitedly.

"Holy shit! My, uh," she paused before continuing. "My dad loves him. He plays him all the fucking time."

"Really? That's fucking awesome. He's like my idol," Garrett admitted.

They continued to talk about music. Garrett no longer found himself tripping over his words, he spoke freely with Charlie, a cheesy grin planted on his face all the while. They shared the exact same music taste, liked all the same bands, shared the same perspective music wise. Garrett been wondering if she could get anymore beautiful, and he now knew she could. He felt as if he'd gotten her to open up to him a bit, he felt more like her friend now. He felt more comfortable and confident talking to her now. Maybe he would stop having a heart attack now whenever she did something he found cute.

They'd been talking for over an hour when she suddenly interrupted their concert stories.

"Shit, I didn't know it was already 7 o'clock! Hey, I gotta go to dinner now. It was really great talking to you Garrett, really. You're a pretty cool dude," he could still hear the smile in her voice.

"You too, Charlie. I'll talk to you tomorrow." he said somewhat reluctantly, none the less smiling at the image of seeing her tomorrow. He could talk to her for hours and never get bored.

"Yeah, of course. Hey, why don't you and Pat sit with us at lunch tomorrow?" he could hear her moving around quickly on the other end, and then a door being opened and closed.

"Okay!" he said, trying to calm his excitement but obviously failing.

She giggled and said goodbye, and God, did he love her giggle. After hearing his goodbye, she hung up.

Garrett stood in the middle of his room. He was smiling so wide it hurt, but he couldn't remove it.

I might be actually getting somewhere with this girl, he thought. He continued to grin, fighting an unfamiliar urge to fist pump the air and jump around like a girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARRETT~
so yeah, cute moments here, i suppose.
should i even ask for feedback? i only got one last chapter...

Kinkeh Dinosaurs<3