Status: activity based on feedback.

One Pack of Smokes from Broke.

Thirteen.

"Wanna get high?" Charlie smirked as the guys walked out of their dressing room.

They looked at her, brows furrowed and confused. John narrowed his eyes at her.

Charlie rolled her eyes. "Jeez, I'm kidding. But I'm going to smoke with some friends, if any of you'd like to come."

"What friends? That blonde kid who looks like he's on meth?" John spoke, sounding like an overprotective brother, which he might as well be.

At the mention of him, Garret's ears perked up, the image of the boy Charlie left him for at the party popping into his mind. He knew he had to go. He nudged Pat, nodding. Pat shrugged but agreed to go as well.

Charlie rolled her eyes again at John's comment. "Winter does not do meth, John. Must I remind you that my mom thought you were a heroin addict when she first met you? You're so damn skinny and run your hand through your damn hair all the damn time. But, you're more than welcome to come and supervise, if you'd like."

"I have to stay and watch Halvo play." John looked away, his cheeks turning red slightly.

"We'll go," Pat spoke up, smiling and tossing an arm around Garrett's shoulders.

"I'll go, too-" Kennedy started, only to be cut off by John.

"No, you won't, Brock." he commanded, shooting Kennedy yet another threatening glare. Kennedy rolled his eyes and sighed, deciding to stop trying to flirt with Charlie. It was no use with John around.

Charlie told Pat and Garrett that they had to go soon, and they hurried off to gather their things.

Charlie went over to John, who was still a little red and playing with the end of his shirt. "I'm not gonna do any drugs, John. Jeez." she poked him in the stomach and he looked over at her. He opened his arms for her, and she stepped into them, wrapping her arms loosely around his thin waist.

"You better not, I'll fucking kill that kid if her gives you any. It's bad enough her got you smoking. That guy is such a prick, I don't get why you hang out with him, Char. You're better than that." he scoffed.

Charlie sighed into his chest. "He's not that bad. You've never even given him a chance."

John sighed too, resting his chin on the top of Charlie's head. "Well, my first impression of him was watching him hand a cigarette and blade over to you." he said, only the cigarette part literally. John had never seen Winter give Charlie a razor, all though he actually had. "But anyway, what happened with your mom this morning?"

She shrugged in his arms. "She was just being real nice, that's all. She started crying and even said sorry, for everything."

John was quite a moment before speaking. "I'm happy for you, really I am, but I just don't want you to get your hopes up. I don't want you to be crushed if you go home tonight and she's wasted."

Charlie nodded, finally letting go of John and stepping away. "I know; I'm smarter than hope, O'Callaghan." she smirked.

John gave her a sad look as Garrett and Pat walked back into the room.

"We should head outside, guys." Charlie said to them, both because she wanted to end the conversation with John and she knew that Winter should be there by now.

"Yup, we're ready to go!" Pat said enthusiastically. Both boys gave her excited smiles.

Charlie gave John another hug then lead the way outside the venue to where Winter and Eric were waiting in the white pick-up.

Garrett and Pat followed, both excited and nervous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, don't hate me. This chapter was pretty much pointless and lacked Garrett. I'M SORRY. I'm having a bit of writer's block, and I'm kinda losing interest in this story...
Also, my mom really did think John was on heroin when she saw him for the first time, sigh. She loves him now tho and knows better. She's also very much in love with Pat, omg.
THANK YOU TO THE COMMENTERS, GARRETT LOVES YOU ALL DEEPLY.