Status: activity based on feedback.

One Pack of Smokes from Broke.

Fourteen.

Charlie gazed out the window as Winter drove up the familiar path.

Seeing as this was Arizona, woods were hard to come by. Charlie simply cherished the medium path of woods they'd found at the beginning of that summer. They'd nicknamed it after Looking for Alaska's Smoking Hole, even though it didn't bare much resemblance, they just did the same thing the characters did there: smoke.

Winter came to a stop at the edge of the woods and Charlie hopped out happily, turning on her camera and taking pictures of the tall trees, despite the fact that'd she'd already taken so many pictures of the before.

The boys trailed behind her, their legs cutting through the knee-high grass that grew just outside of the woods.

Charlie turned around, pointing her camera towards the boys wand walking backwards. Eric rolled his eyes as Charlie began snapping away. He turned to Pat and Garrett, who were looking at Charlie curiously. They weren't quite aware how deep Charlie's passion for photography was yet.

"She never stops. You'll get used to it," Eric murmured to them.

Garrett and Pat snickered a bit, soon becoming used to Charlie's continuous picture taking.

Charlie stopped taking pictures as they reached the edge of the woods to watch her step as their way through the trees.

Soon, they approached their destination.

The Smoking Hole was a small yet big enough clearing like section in the middle of the woods.

It was a patch where no trees grew, yet the ones that grew on the edges grew over top and made a canopy, shielding them from the hot Arizona sun.

They used fallen trees as make-shift seats and kept a radio that ran on batteries there. When they'd found the place, each of them brought back an assortment of CD's to keep there.

"Welcome to our Smoking Hole!" Charlie announced happily as they broke through the last of the trees.

Winter marched straight over to his usual spot, a plastic chair he'd brought back a few months ago. Eric and Charlie were content enough with sitting on a fallen tree they'd thrown one of the blankets the kept there on.

Once Winter sat down in his chair, he pulled out the stash of joints he kept next to it in a plastic baggie. He was the only one who really smoked pot among the usual three. He lit it, closing his eyes as he inhaled. He then leaned over, turning on the radio and putting in a Blink 182 CD.

Garrett and Pat looked around the small clearing, smiled on their faces.

"It's not much, but it's our's. Kinda." Charlie smirked, going to sit down next to Eric on the blanket covered fallen tree.

Pat shook his head. "Nah, this place is so cool." he spoke in awe as he explored the lining trees of the clearing.

Garrett trailed behind him, looking over at Charlie. She met his gaze with a smile.

"Oh my gosh," Eric whispered as he tugged on Charlie's shoulder. "He totally likes you."

Charlie rolled her eyes. "He has a girlfriend. Speaking of which..." she turned from Eric to Garrett, who was now walking over to them. Pat remained in the trees. "How'd talking with your girlfriend go, Gare?"

Garrett sighed as he sat next to her.

Eric tapped on Charlie's shoulder before he could speak. "Can I see your camera?"

Charlie nodded, removing the strap from her neck. She trusted Eric with it only because he'd used so many times before without wrecking it.

"Thanks," Eric muttered as Charlie handed over the camera. He stood, walking over towards where Pat wondered through the woods.

Charlie turned back to Garrett, waiting for him to answer.

Garrett smiled a bit, to which she couldn't help but return.

They stayed like that for a moment before he spoke. "I dumped her sorry ass." he grinned.

Charlie laughed at his bluntness. "Just like that?"

"Just like that. I mean, we'd been having problems lately, and enough was enough." he shrugged.

Charlie nodded slowly, a mischievous smirk taking over her features. It was her turn to be blunt. "Is that why you're always flirting and staring at me?" She'd scooted a little closer subconsciously, their knees touching. Garrett's arm was behind her, propping himself up.

His eye brows rose and his cheeks heated up a bit, slightly taken off guard.

Charlie shook her head and laughed lightly. "Kidding," she said and Garrett mimicked her actions.

Charlie reached into her pocket, taking out her pack of cigarettes and lighter. She pulled one out, then offered one to Garrett. He stared at the box before shaking his head. Charlie shrugged, putting the carton back in her pocket.

Garrett watched as she gently placed the cigarette between her small pink lips. She then light the end and inhaled.

Charlie smiled when she saw him watching her. "Wanna see a trick?" she asked, placing the smoke between her index and middle finger.

Garrett nodded, transfixed. Charlie took another long drag, then pulled the cigarette from her lips.

Garrett watched as she opened her mouth in small pants, creating small puffs of smoke to trail out of her mouth.

Garrett grinned full on and she smiled back, admiring his perfect smile.

"Wanna try?" she asked, holding the cigarette towards her, it was now placed between her thumb and index finger.

Garrett stared at it, his mind only on the fact that Charlie's lips had been there. He nodded slightly and Charlie leaned against the arm he used to prop himself up. They both took note of how their bodies felt against the other's. Charlie rested her elbow on Garrett's knee, waiting.

Their eyes met and they sat staring into each other's for several moments.

When Garrett found that his heart rate was back to normal, his eyes moved from Charlie's to the cigarette. He leaned forward, his lips wrapping around it but not daring to inhale yet. His eyes flickered to Charlie again, who gave him a encouraging smile.

Finally, he inhaled, seeing the tip flame up red and start to burn. His mouth filled with hot smoke and his throat burned almost immediately. He drew away from the cigarette quick, already coughing.

When he opened his eyes he expected to see Charlie laughing and mocking him. But when he did, he saw her only smiling thoughtfully at him. He watched her take one more drag from the cigarette the put it out as he caught his breath.

Charlie sighed, throwing an arm around his shoulders and ruffling his hair.

"You're adorable," she whispered, to which he only started back in shock.

His mind was screaming to tell her how beautiful he thought she as, but he just couldn't gather the strength.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry the last few chapters have been so boring, i've been pretty busy lately and recently getting caught in the middle of drama at school. threw a slushie on a girl who was talking shit, holla~
but i promise the next few chapters are very long and eventful c:
i already have them written out so the sooner and more comments i get, the quicker they get posted~
<3